SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First Jam? Or...

A topic by AmalgamAsh created 55 days ago Views: 126 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Host(+1)

Hey there!

jamming along?  Everything going smooth?  Already finished?  Haven't started yet?

Don't worry, it takes all kinds.  I wanted to pop in with some quick reminders and tips!

Remember your game MUST BE MADE with RPG Developer BAKIN - if you joined just to show off your unrelated game, your submission will be vetted and disqualified, and removed from the jam as soon as possible - no prize, no vote, no exposure.  Them's the rules.

If you haven't started yet, or have but are stuck. try starting something super simple!  A one-room experience is absolutely fine.  So is a game hat doesn't have fighting.  A game without dialogue can still be fun.  Start small, nail down one thing that makes the experience playable, then add on!

Worried you won't finish in time?  That's OK! You can easily add in some kind of "roadblock" or NPC that halts progress, and gives a message like "that's the end of this Jam version!"   this incomplete nature of a submission is WAY more normal than one might htink, and is totally welcome in my jams!

Basically, I hope to ensure this event is as accessible as possible to all, and encourage everyone to submit something! You are not being judged by your abilities or limitations, and your submission, however unfinished, is NOT a reflection on your total ability!

Now that said, everyone is still literally being judged in categories - but, this is more for fun and to keep things consistent for the prize winner.  Speaking of, judge selection and announcement should be this week, so I hope you look forward to it!

Alright, back to making!

Is there a free demo version of Bakin by chance? Or just the $70 version?  This looks super interesting but I don’t have the money for the full version. 

Host

no demo unfortunately!

Submitted

I've officially given up on trying to make a good game, so expect a pile of epic brainrot instead. 🥴

Host(+1)

That's what the jam is all about.

GIVE ME ALL THE EPIC BRAINROT

Submitted
hello, it's my first jam and I have a crucial question:
I would like to offer a game that can only be played with the controller, is that ok?
thanks!
Host

it is OK to make a game that can only be played qith controller (it is also fine if it can only be played with keyboard or any other combo of inputs).  Please note in the game itself to let players know ^_^