SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Web Monetization in Unity?

A topic by Jonathan Lorenz created Oct 12, 2020 Views: 1,431 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(1 edit)

Hi,

This sound like an interesting jam / challenge! I am a Unity dev who use Visual Studio to write scripts in C#.

Is it possible for me to integrate Web Monetization in my game?

If yes, do you have an example of a working code I could use?

Looking forward to read your answers,

Have a nice day!

Jonathan

EDIT : The answer was on the jam overview page :

"General information about the Web Monetization standard can be found on the official homepage. Setup guide and project template for Defold available from the Defold manual on Web Monetization. Setup guides and project templates for other engines also exist: GodotPhaser and Unity."

Host(+1)

The Web Monetization API should be available to any HTML5 capable game engine. Some engines have ready made plugins, which is the case for Defold, Phaser, Godot and Unity (if you know of more then please share here). And if you're using another engine it should be quite easy to integrate the Web Monetization API as it's just a few DOM events and nothing more.

Good luck!

Do I need a bank card to use coil?

Nice, thank you

Submitted (3 edits) (+1)

EDIT Using Unity 2019.4.13f1 seemed to do the trick. Unity has changed something in WebGL from 2020.1.

I tried the WebMonetization asset for Unity, but I am unable to make it work. I keep getting unityInstance not defined when monetization starts. I submitted an issue about it, but I appreciate any help if anyone might know what the issue is.

I tried it on Unity 2020.1.11f1