Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introductions via games

A topic by Quirky Bird Games created Jan 22, 2024 Views: 69 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

Hi! I'm about to hit send on an email to everyone who joined with this week's challenge, but in that email I also asked everyone (if they want) to introduce themselves with something they've created. I think that you can learn sooooooooo much about someone by the things they create!

So please feel encouraged to share something you've created. Something that sums you up as a creator, or something that you're proud of, even if that pride resides in a single part of it (like "I really wish I could've gotten the text better, but I loved my layout on this!" or "ugh it's still super short but I feel like I nailed the controls!").

Write as much as you'd like about yourself, but please include a link to something you've made, whether it's your entry for this jam or something else entirely.

- ✨Beth

Submitted (2 edits)

Hello!

I am the creator behind The Secret of Langton Manor - an episodic print-and-play escape room  game that combines intriguing puzzles with a rich narrative set in a mysterious old mansion. The game is designed for 1-4 players and offers a blend of physical  gameplay and a digital component to verify the solutions and provide hints. Each episode brings the  players deeper into the manor's enigmatic history and offers about 1-2 hours of play.

For the current "Smol Games" jam, I'm working on a mini game titled "The Diary of John," which is set in the same universe. It is a compact single-page, single-player  adventure in a mini-zine format  that serves as a prequel to the main story. Players will uncover the backstory of John, a key character in the Langton Manor series, through his diary entries. It is designed to be a quicker experience, lasting approximately 5-15 minutes, with fewer and simpler puzzles than the main game.

Thank you for this opportunity to share my work with such a creative community!

Host

Hi!!! I'm so sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, there are three of us on the team and lots of times the notifications get cleared and I don't see them :(

Oh wow, that sounds EPIC!!!! I love that it's a zine (format, at least) that sounds so incredibly thematic, has puzzles, and can be a great introduction to the same world!

I also can't believe The Secret of Langton Manor is PWYW!!!!! Goodness, it sounds magnificent, I figured you were charging $5-10 for it! I will definitely check it out when I get a chance, I LOVE puzzles and narrative games and escape rooms! 

- ✨Beth