Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Game title, meta commands - about, version, help etc.

A topic by Garry Francis created Feb 08, 2020 Views: 88 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I would normally provide the game title at the top of the instructions page. Is this permitted or is it to be included as part of the three-sentence intro?

I would normally provide a version command to provide the game name, version, copyright and Adventuron version. This is run once during startup, then at any time the user types VERSION. Is this permitted?

I would also provide a command for ABOUT/CREDITS/INFO. This gives info about the game jam, a link to the rules and acknowledgements to any third-party resources used. Is this permitted? (The default Adventuron CREDITS command provides some of this info, but is partially broken or doesn't provide the info I want, so I override it. The default can still be seen using *CREDITS.)

I would normally provide a help page with a brief rundown of the commands that can be used. Is this permitted?

I'm guessing the answer to all of these is no, no, no, no. If that's the case, I'll comment out the relevant code.

Host(+1)

I will probably allow a custom credits (as a rule clarification) command without any word limits providing you don't put game logic into the command.

As far as the intro credits go, then I'll clarify this too later.  I prefer minimalism myself. I didn't give myself a credit or adventuron a credit in two (except in the hidden credits command, which of course uses the gamr information metadata).