Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Clarification on Rules

A topic by Qooorti created May 07, 2023 Views: 162 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

So spaces are included in character limit.. Does this mean indents of 4 spaces are counted as 4 characters? Also do newlines count as characters? I'm assuming not because there isn't a space in between the lines but a line break? Which leads me to whitespace. There is no space in the line, just a line break, so is it a char? 

Also so basically there's no external art allowed, you have to draw everything from code basically? 

Just looking for some clarification. Thanks. 

Submitted

Does the no spritesheets mean you also can't use font files.. sound files? 

Submitted

Hmm I think its only code (because you need to able to share it on Twitter so anyone will be able to copy and past it into an IDE and play it)

Submitted

I think everything counts as a character, so try to use as little of spaces as possible

Submitted

So notepad++ says that a newline is 2 characters for some reason.. twitter counts a newline as 1 character though 🤔

Submitted

Its meant for Twiter so 1 ig

HostSubmitted

Try typing it out in Twitter or Mastodon - if it counts as a character in their text editors (when writing out a tweet or a toot) then it counts for the jam! You have to be able to post the whole game's code in a single Mastodon toot!