Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Question about the theme requirements

A topic by xenubinstudios created Jan 10, 2024 Views: 104 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3

hiii!

So I'm also currently working on a project for the Queer Vampire jam and was contemplating cross submitting it to this one! Esp because its an Otome themed Jam. 

The rules section says that the game has to be " being at least vaguely Valentine's themed. And/or contain themes/aspects of love, romance, relationships, breakups, "Palentines", dating, heartbreak etc."

The story my team is doing for ours has romance in it, as well as queer relationships, but it is not the forefocus of the game. It is still considered an Otome since its the typical Male love interest vibe and there is romance. The overall theme is a bit more of a nod to abusive relationships and becoming yourself. (It sounds way more cliche than it is, i promise) 

Will our game still be allowed under the theming we have? If not no worries, but I'd rather ask than blindly submit :P

TLDR: Game has romance, and we're writing it to be an otome with LIs, but its not the prominent story aspect of it. Is that allowed or no?

HostSubmitted(+1)

Hey Xenu!

Funny seeing you here. I had actually thought of joining the Queer Vampire Jam, but couldn't come up with anything inspiring enough. Besides, I was planning to host and submit to Valentines Day Jam 2024 as well.

Sounds like your game has romance, and pursuit of other characters amorously (even if in the end, it doesnt end so...amorously). So you may totally submit your game to this jam as well.

Happy Jamming!

Thanks for the quick response! 
I'ms toked to see what games come out of both jams, two of my favorite things in the world ofc

HostSubmitted(+1)

Heh, same! I'll definitely be playing quite a few games from Queer Vampire Jam!