Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Error while trying to submit game

A topic by ClubHouseVR created Oct 25, 2020 Views: 255 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 5

Hello any one else having trouble submitting their game? Where trying to submit our game but we keep getting an error from itch.
"We seem to be having server problems right now! Please try again later."

Jam Host

I have seen a couple of Itch server issue reports from another website. Try again later and hope that the issues have been resolved. Also make sure that there aren't any missing submission details, just in case. Submissions aren't due until Monday at 5pm EST, so you do have quite a bit of time in case the problems continue.

we were not able to submit our game do the the same error listed above. Is their any other way we can enter?

we were not able to submit our game do the the same error listed above. Is their any other way we can enter?

(-3)

here is ours 

https://clubhousevr.itch.io/spooky-night

Submitted(+2)

Were you trying to submit a game that was made and uploaded long before the jam even started? The 72 hour jam was only started about 5 days ago. Unless I'm missing something, your game was published 31 days ago. Not to mansplain, but usually you're supposed to make the game entirely during the jam. That's the challenge, fun, and shared experience of a jam!

"Jam spamming" is a poor way to advertise your preexisting game, and hurts your reputation. As a better alternative, have you considered instead to sponsor game jam hosts in exchange for a shoutout/ad,  sponsoring a small prize in a jam to promote your game, or hosting your own jam?

Anyway, best of luck with your game. It looks pretty.

Submitted(+1)

I don’t think this was made during the jam, it looks like it’s been around for a while. The entries have to be done within the 3 day timespan.