Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome and THEME of the month Sticky

A topic by Mystery Coconut created Jun 01, 2023 Views: 116 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (1 edit)

Welcome to another Week Sauce game jam! As you know Week Sauce is not really a monthly jam, but more of a work on a project for a few days without stressing about schedules” deal. However, we do have a monthly (totally optional) theme that we announce a few days before the start of the month in case you need help getting the creative juices going. This month we ran another poll for a few days in our Discord server, and the most voted theme was…

Make a game in which COLOR is the MOST IMPORTANT MECHANIC

I have to tell you, given that some of the other options in the poll had more potential for stabby kind of games, I was pleasantly surprised participants chose this instead. I am so proud. But what kind of games have strong color mechanics? Will you make a game were you match at least 3 similar sugary treats or bejeweled things? A  platformer in multiple color dimensions? Or a game of colored trains finding their stations? It's all up to you, but I am already excited about the possibilities!

If you want to chat about your take, are looking for help or for a team, or wanna share your day to day progress, join our Discord. Did you make a game with this theme but finished it past the due date? No problem! Get in touch and I will send you a link to upload it. 

Thanks again for joining us, and have fun!
—Miguel Friginal

Submitted

This was even more fun than I’d expected, and I’ve wanted to try to publish a game for years. Thanks for the opportunity, and see you again for another month!