Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome and THEME(S) of the month Sticky

A topic by Mystery Coconut created Jul 01, 2023 Views: 106 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

Welcome to another Week Sauce game jam! As you know Week Sauce is not really a monthly jam, but more of a work on a project for a few days without stressing about schedules” deal. However, we do have a monthly (totally optional) theme that we announce a few days before the start of the month in case you need help getting the creative juices going. This month the poll we posted in our Discord server had two entries with plenty of fans, so why not have 2 themes this time around? 

🪩 Disco! / 🏋️ Too Heavy

You can choose your game to follow one of them (say, a game about packing for vacation), the other (say, a game about hitting the dance floors during your vacation), or even both (say, a game about the chaos that ensues in the dance floors when you bring your ginormous backpack)! As always, you can also do a game about something else entirely, we don't mind. It's all up to you.

If you want to chat about your take, are looking for help or for a team, or wanna share your day to day progress, join our Discord. Did you make a game with these themes but finished it past the due date? No problem! Get in touch and I will send you a link to upload it. 

Thanks again for joining us, and have fun! 
—Miguel Friginal

Submitted

Oh no! I have something to submit, but didn’t get to upload it yesterday. Is it still possible to add it, or am I too late?

Host

Sure thing! Upload the game to itch.io, then send me a link to it, and I will send you a link back to submit it

Submitted

Woo-hoo! Thanks. I’m looking all over for an itch.io direct messaging function or something, and can’t find it. So here it is!

https://althealpaca.itch.io/desktop-doug-and-the-quest-for-the-golden-bellbottoms

It’s VERY not finished, but then, this is a game jam, right? :)

Host

Here is a submission link that only you can use. If you use Discord you should join the Week Sauce Discord server! Thanks for participating again!