Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Godot Experience] Looking for a team

A topic by Bodhiston created 24 days ago Views: 145 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Looking to join a team. I'm a one-man machine. All of my itch.io projects were just me. My most recent game (Returning Some Videotapes) got 1st in the jam I submitted to.

Strengths:

I can program (only really familiar with GD-Script and C# a little) and I know my basics around Godot. I do pixel art through Aseprite. I also compose my own music through GarageBand and a little bit in BeepBox. 

Weaknesses:

I have a hard time creating seamless UX and my menus aren't quite intuitive. I'm hoping to join a team with someone who has this experience and to help guide me through better UX decisions.

Availability:

My job has a bit of downtime, so I can try to work on the project then (job duties permitting). Otherwise I will be available for discord calls around 8pm CST and can work until midnight during the weekdays. Weekends I will spend with friends and family (so I may not be 100% available then) but the schedule is flexible and willing to move some things around just for the 2 weeks.

(Cross -posting in the Discord)

Beautiful art in Returning Some Videotapes.  I just did my first game jam (also solo) using godot (Brackey's) and had a pretty good time.

If I participate in 1 bit jam could be good to collab or playtest eachother's work.

I appreciate the interest! I am actually going to be tag teaming this with a buddy of mine instead, I'm sorry!

I have a bunch of experience with python ui and game maker ui design. I also am a programmer / game designer / and narrative designer. I normally do everything myself besides art and sound design so i think it could be nice for us to get some experience working as a team on the codebase and you could handle art and sound design and i could handle most of the design workload after we have a quick prototype.