Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is voicemod considered generative ai

A topic by BioRain Games created Feb 28, 2024 Views: 507 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6

I would like to do some voice acting for my game but I can't do many voices myself. So I was wondering if an application like voicemod would be allowed, because it does use my voice recording it just changes it using some ai. Thx in advance for all answer and have a fun jam.

Submitted

So, as far as I'm aware, any kind of generative AI is not allowed, so that would fall under that category. I've seen people ask about other programs that use generative AI and the response has been no in those threads, so unfortunately I don't think so.

Host(+1)(-1)

I'm not sure why people keep asking if generative ai is okay when it's explicitly forbidden, no it's not allowed.

Submitted(+1)

Voicemod doesn't use AI. It has been around since 2009, it is just traditional audio processing techniques. No neural networks or anything of the like anywhere, unless they have a voice replication service in addition to their normal filters.

Host(+1)(-2)

(1 edit) (+2)

Newer versions do have AI, so OP should be able to use voicemod but not the AI section to stay within the rules. General microphone processing of course would be allowed.

Voicemod does in fact have generative AI voices

Submitted(+1)

There is a difference between AI voice (neural network) and a voice changer (that uses your voice sound waves but just changes pitch and stuff) or an honest voice synthesizer (that sounds like a crappy voice synthesizer). Disallowing the latter two would make no sense as these are among standard technologies. But, if the produced voice is of high quality and contains personality traits that were not present in the original recording then you can be sure that a neural network was involved and so it is not allowed.