Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The RPG Thread

A topic by Grotty-Louts created Mar 15, 2024 Views: 181 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I am having a somewhat difficult time filtering through the submissions for genres I am interested in, and so -- Do you have an RPG made for Acerola Game Jam Ø? Does your game have stats, whether they be strength and speed, or perhaps machismo and chutzpah? Is it traditionally turn-based? Real-time and action pack? Even first person perhaps? Does it have a battle system? Combat can be more than just swinging a sword or flinging spells, maybe yours is choosing the right words to raise your would-be date's meters or maybe conserving resources as a sous-chef in a cooking gauntlet before facing the final boss (Gordon Ramsey).

Whatever your game is like so long as you feel it hearkens to the trappings of an RPG, whether classic or aberrant, I desperately want a crack at it! Please use this thread to collect all that RPG goodness and share it around! Or at the very least collate them for me so that I don't have to search so hard.

Here's my brutal take at the genre for starters.

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/acerola-jam-0/rate/2581403

I’ve tried to capture the feel of old RPG Maker games in this, so hopefully it’s the kind of thing you’re looking for :)

Submitted

Absolutely the kind of thing I'm looking for. 100% Going on the list for after work tomorrow.

Submitted

AHH Hello omg turn-based with a battle system you say??? Possibly stunning visuals? Touch Grass: Lawn-Forcement might just be for you!! 

TOUCH GRASS: LAWN FORCEMENT

*Click the picture to go to the game!!*

The battle system is pretty addicting, but you can see for yourself!

Submitted(+1)

Excellent. This looks simply gorgeous. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it tomorrow.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Ey yo lets go. This was actually my first time working on anything RPG related. The only two I've ever played were Pokemon and Desolate Hope, so hopefully I did good :'3

https://jupiterbrains.itch.io/foregathering-exordium

Submitted

These were all solid entries! Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has found some neat little RPGs, whether stylistically or mechanically.