Jobs
Tags

Any cool concept ideas?

A topic by MrSeBo created Jan 23, 2021 Views: 875 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 9

The theme is "Less is More"

Anyone got any cool ideas yet? I need inspiration ;-;

Submitted

Game that seems to be 2D but has layers and you can move beetween backgrounds?

That's a really creative interpretation! I'm excited to see what you do with it. Very inspiring ;-;

Submitted

I've chosen something else - run with it if you want to! ;)

Submitted(+1)

I started on a chaotic energy game... you have a core producing energy, but you also have chaotic energy trying to destroy your core. The only way for your core to survive is to have energy, but having too much energy also increases the strength of the chaotic energy.

In order to defend yourself, you鈥檇 set up nodes, towers, or somethin, that would shield you from the chaotic energy, but it would also cost an energy upkeep.

so you have to balance how many shields you can support without destroying yourself, meanwhile the chaos is growing stronger by the second and becoming more dangerous...

I spent a few hours making the energy stuff work, but I couldn鈥檛 find a way to make the game actually fun to play... so I鈥檓 doing something else now, but maybe this might give you ideas 馃

(+2)

I second-guessed my original idea and thought up a Zelda-like game, except in reverse... So instead of being an adventurous hero going through dungeons to get powerful items that will help with traversing the world, you're a retiring hero who just finished a big quest and wants to go back to a simple life, returning all the powerful items to the dungeons he/she/they stole them from, making the adventure harder in the process.

... Then I realised I should probably stick with my original plan, seeing as I only have a week and I'm working solo. Might make that game later though, who knows. But anyway, maybe that can spark some ideas!

Submitted

That's a cool idea. I'm always wondered, if heros are keep their magical artifacts in their home after adventure is over or something else is happening :D

you should work on this after the jam, this is a baller idea

Submitted

How about a game where you control a fat animal that is slow, but you get energy drinks to slim down the character and that will cause the jump and speed to become higher.

(1 edit) (+1)

I started making games some time ago, so i had a very simple idea: a game where the less enemies there are  in the screen the stronger they are.

Submitted(+1)

Nice one!

Submitted

A Platformer- Less movement, the more jumps you have left

(+1)

How about: the less jumps you've made so far, the more jumps you have left

(1 edit) (+2)

I was thinking of something like, the less damage you have taken, the more health you have!

(+1)

This is genius!

Submitted

Thanks, thats even better! :)

(1 edit) (+1)

The smaller you are, the more you can enter into different places.

Deleted post