Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Zombie apocalypse, resource management game

A topic by Silver Monkey Games created Jan 24, 2021 Views: 340 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (4 edits) (+1)

In the zombie apocalypse, resources are very valuable. But when you're being surrounded by zombies, it's good to have some extra guys around to help you out. Of course, more people means more mouths to feed. Less people mean more resources, but more people mean less resources! What do you do? The choice is yours!

Day 1: Today, I worked on the basics. Player movement, survivor AI, and the basic zombie enemy. The Player can switch between four different weapons, a pistol, rifle, shotgun, and a punch.

Pistol - Average damage, high fire rate, but low accuracy. You'll be finding a lot of pistol ammo, so it'll probably be your best choice of weapon.

Rifle - High damage, average fire rate, and extremely high accuracy. Is there a super tough zombie you need to get rid of? The rifle's your best bet!

Shotgun - Average damage, low fire rate, and awful accuracy.  Even if it has low accuracy, with all the bullets that are shot out, it's a great way to clear out zombies! Ammo is limited, so only use it for emergencies!

Melee - No ammo? No problem! It is the worst weapon in the game, so only use when you need to!

When the zombie barrage is finished, your car will pull up, and you'll be able to continue the game. During the drive, you'll get rewards based on how well you performed, and maybe have the opportunity to recruit more survivors! More updates soon...

Day 2: Today, I added the driving segments. during the drive, you'll get rewards, and you'll be able to feed your party, and give them pills. A full stomach increases morale, which is very important, because low morale leads to bad events (more details when this gets programmed in). An empty stomach means a morale penalty, and your max health will slowly decrease. You will also lose morale if you haven't been fed that day. As you can see, inviting people to your party can be quite risky, since you might not have enough food to feed them all. But that's all I have to say about food at the moment. What about these pills I mentioned earlier??? Well, the pills can be used to increase stats like attack power, defense, and even morale! You can even find pills to heal yourself up. Ain't that useful? The most common pills are healing pills, next being the attack and defense pills, and the rarest being morale pills. That's really all I got done today... Tomorrow I will add driving events, such as party recruits, and the opportunity to enter special levels!

Day 3: On day three, I added some new events! A party recruitment event, a loot finding event, and an event for when the player reaches zero morale! Morale actually does something now! If someone reaches zero morale, they will leave the party, and if the player reaches zero morale, the game will end, so good luck managing everyone's morale!

Day 4: I don't have a lot of time, but I implemented important things today. The drives now have health bars visible, and the zombie bashing segments have an updated look! What's left? More stuff with morale, multiple levels, an ending, and more events. I really hope I can get that done by Friday…

Day 5: We're in the endgame now! I spent my fifth day balancing things out, and added extra events for when you have multiple party members. The more party members you have, the more likely they are to get into arguments. That's what I spent most of my time on. I'll be spending the rest of the jam making the end of the game, and extra balancing. I really hope I can get everything done in time...

Day 6: The game is finally complete! I added music and sound effects, which were done by my partner (he also did the art, by the way). I polished up the menus, added a win screen and game over, and balanced out a few things. NOW IT'S DONE!!! I can't wait to play your games, and I hope you enjoy mine!

(+1)

Looks promising, I can't wait to play it when its finished.

Submitted

Thank you!

Submitted(+1)

Looks interesting, can't wait to see what the end result is

Submitted

Thank you!

Submitted(+1)

The art style is really neat and the character designs are pretty good! Good luck with your game.

Submitted

Thank you!