anybody got any good art programs?

A topic by spoondev created Feb 02, 2021 Views: 469 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(1 edit)

hi I just need a texture  program for MacBook

Krita might be an option for you.

thx

(+1)

If you wanna make pixel art pixelorama is free and simple to use.

(+1)

I’m not going for that style, but it may come in handy :)

Personally I'm using PhotoFiltre, and some users tend to refer to my graphics like: wow, are they designed by photoshop? Nope just by innovative minds and pics layered with some added text, effects, etc. It's a free app for download in english (I guess originally being coded in french) language, I guess somewhere there's also a portable version with less space as file, could be used on USB-sticks & the version I tend to like being "7", which is rather outdated, anyway I like its features, while soe other/previous versions including different effects but no layer-options.

I was also suggesting this program to get included in "apps used when developing your game", because the banner / in-game images / screenshots, do somehow refer to programs, which aren't used for coding.

thanks I might use that. Can you like, draw textures?

Me in person when using that app or if that app could handle drawing, text, etc.? You could even convert textlayer to image and e.g. recolourize it, add effects like mirror, background, shadow, etc. when using PhotoFiltre7. Possibly another type of version would include no layers, I guess somewhere I've tried it while I tend to use the 7th release. Also just getting it's app on the website than on other references, which "seem" to have it available, while I prefer it as program, not with added info like being a shareware, etc.

I was getting mine from the website and it rarely mentions a french error-code, e.g. if I'm adding many small layers and an error pops up and gets the file quite broken and removing some layers to transparent image. Still closing and starting another file works, even the current file being quite edited. Anyway not the whole app would be failing in features just this project you're working on.

It could save files als jpg, png, and project-file which refers to the app, being nicknamed "pfi" as file's nick.

could the app handle that?

I guess so, while I'm not sure if you're referring to the same feature ...maybe browsing on youtube for a tutorial of PhotoFiltre, could get you a sneakpeak what this app looks like? e.g. you could also draw triangles, circles, squares (just marking its borders / invert selection / filling when drawing its shape), etc. and my device used 2GB RAM and this program still could be executed there anyway.

Submitted

Aesprite or Libresprite (the FOSS variant) for pixel art.

okie dokie

Submitted

I use pyxeledit but it's paid

yokie dokie. thanks for the suggestion!

Aesprite is really good and i couldnt reccomend it enough, making animations on there is easy too! However it is paid but i would say its 100% worth it

ok. I might try it, thanks!!!11!!

I use Inkscape. 100% free vector art program makes things SUPER easy!
https://inkscape.org

wow thanks a lot so many suggestions