SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Congratulations! Sticky

A topic by EX FIRST GAMES created Sep 08, 2023 Views: 221 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Host (2 edits)

Esteemed friends, writers, and roleplayers

THANK YOU for participating in this year's jam. The variety and quality of the submissions never ceases to amaze me. It's been a pleasure to read each Spark and imagine the adventures held within. I'm excited to grow this niche of coin-related modular content for everyone to enjoy. I hope you had fun writing them. It is time to announce the winners: one of them chosen by YOU and one of them, well... five of them, by ME. The prizes and writers' fees are all possible thanks to the popularity of CoinSides (excuse me while I pat myself on the back) and the generous support from our backers. Thank you for being part of this project.

Judging the submission is a fuzzy process that involves three criteria and a good dose of intuition. I am no RPG veteran or avid reader, and my opinion is completely subjective. Do not let my decision discourage you from iterating on your work and joining future jams. Other members of the community might find their favorite Spark in your entry. In the end, there will only be winners and those who didn't participate. Without further ado, here are my ranked entries with my ratings (COIN/STORY/WRITER) and their respective authors and pages. I've also added the top entries based on your votes ( https://itch.io/jam/coinsides-adventure-sparks-jam-2/results ).  Congratulations to all!

5 Gold Winners (ranked)

1. The Jannus Conspiracy 4/4/4 by Scott Hertrick scotrick15
  2. The Cyclopean Obol 4/4/4 by Marco A. Torres MonarcWriter
  3. Gambler's Gold 4/3/5 by Ricardo Peraça Cavassane Tragos Games (BEST WRITER and BEST OVERALL)
  4. Flipped 4/4/4 by Penny Blake
  5. Penny For Your Thoughts 4/4/4 by StoryOrc

9 Silver Winners (ranked)

1. The Plunder of Stormcopper 4/3/4 by Scott Hertrick scotrick15
  2. Making Change 4/4/3 by Beth and Angel Make Games (BEST COIN)
  3. The Legend of RIO 3/4/4 by Steph C. TTRPGkids
  4. ...Another Goblin's Treasure 3/4/4 by Ian Reichert Indigo Clardmond
  5. Suddenly Giants 2/4/4 by Ben Newbon (BEST STORY)
  6. The Coin of Zarageth 1/3/5 by Carl Vandal Heimdayl
  7. The Last Coin 2/3/4 by Scott Hertrick scotrick15
  8. The Stolen Obolos 2/3/3 by Jaclyn Lewis
  9. Brown Recluses 2/3/3 by Ghotib

Prizes

The Overall Winner, as picked by you, will receive a CoinSides of their choice.

All Gold Winners will receive a CoinSides of their choice.
All Gold Winners will also receive an offer of $100 to include their submission in the CoinSides Adventure Sparks Library.

All Silver Winners will receive an offer of a CoinSides of their choice to include their submission in the CoinSides Adventure Sparks Library.

Shipping the CoinSides is at the organizer's expense (me).

Inclusion in the Library grants Charles Ward (EX FIRST GAMES) exclusive rights to the submissions, including the right to edit, reformat, illustrate, publish, and distribute them freely. Authors will always be credited and encouraged to keep their original submissions on their Itch Store. The offer is 100% optional and does not affect the ranking. You are all winners, and it would be an honor to have you join the growing selection of Sparks.

In closing

One of our goals is to have fun, meet fellow creators, learn from each other, and share in the success of the entire project. Thank you to everyone who commented on the submissions, especially Ian Reichert for commenting on every entry.

Moving forward, I want to bring the Sparks Library and the next Jam to the TTRPG community in a whole new way, and I want to defer the judging to a panel of judges. Stay tuned for the 3rd CoinSides Adventure Sparks Jam. You won't miss it!

Thanks again to the small team that launched the CoinSides Adventure Sparks in 2021: Koyomi Shigano, Tomas Gimenez RiojaNikola R. Petrov, and Bart Wynants. And thank you for entering, voting, sharing, and playing these games. I hope they spark your imagination and encourage you to join the next Jam.

Please follow the CoinSides saga as we Spark life into the new edition of this inspiring dice spinner: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ex1stgames/cyber-coinsides-10-dice-and-more...

Submitted

To clarify, since the wording is a bit odd, everyone gets the offer to have their Spark added to the library, but only Gold winners will receive a $100 if they take up the offer?

Host (1 edit)

Thank you. I've made that part of the post simpler.
Gold Winners get a CoinSides and an offer ($100).
Silver Winners get an offer (CoinSides).
I would love to include everyone in the library.

Host

I have reached out to all the participants. Please check your email / twitter / itch. I need you to get in touch with me via email here yokubosan@gmail.com, thanks.

Submitted

Hurray, this is wonderful!!! Thanks for running this, and also congrats to everyone! 🥳 I checked all of them out through the rating period and there was sooooooooooo much good stuff here 🧡 I'm also honored to have "Best Coin"! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 

- ✨Beth

Host

Well deserved! I think I will use the criteria to have more winners next time. 1 for the overall winner, 1 for each category, and between 1-3 selected by the judges (but one that was not already in the winning). That might be fun and fair.