Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Game Branches

A topic by DaBigFreeze created Jul 20, 2023 Views: 291 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 6

I think it’s really cool that anyone can work on any day on any game. We might have 100 games on day three but then on day four majority of the jammers really like this specific game and all decide to work on it and we get so many branches of the same game. I’m really excited to see where this goes.

Submitted(+1)

It would be cool if there was a graphic way to track the game branching.

Submitted(+1)

My new side project to do before the jam.

Would be cool if you could do it!

Submitted

that would be awesome, are you working on this?

Otherwise maybe we should start a database or something online to track it

Submitted

This just crossed my mind aswell. There's litterly nothing stopping two people continuing the same demo from the previous day. On the one hand I think the branching is really cool, on the other hand it's probably going to result in a lot of projects being dumped that otherwise wouldn't have been

Submitted

Maybe. But that's the nature of this kind of jam.

It’ll be interesting to see whether one main game will stand out every day and most branches will be made from that game, and then the best branch of that version gets the most branches the next day, or if numerous games will get equal branches the whole way through.

Submitted

I'm sure that the best game will be made by someone who isn't looking at the comunity page, planning all night and building an impressive pile of redbull cans! 

Submitted

It will be amazing to see how this whole thing turns out!