Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Scratch?

A topic by Gurka0 created Jul 20, 2023 Views: 392 Replies: 19
Viewing posts 1 to 12

Can you use scratch? The game engine I mean.

The Rules said you can use any Game engine so i guess you can if you rly want to But they might not accept Scratch as a game engine so idk

Use TurboWarp to convert to an HTML file on day 6

im gonna use scratch if i join

Submitted

all of the people who say they are using scratch, wanna work on each mine after day 1? i have a good idea!

Submitted

I guess you can but I suggest using a bigger engine such as unity

Yeah, I have unity at home but I'm on my grandmas mac so I can't use it.

Submitted

Plus you probably wont find many devs to continue your scratch game

Submitted

I would. I mean I'm gonna use unity but it would be a pretty fun change of pace to continue a scratch game on one of the days tbh

Submitted
Deleted 352 days ago
Submitted

i would

Submitted

Go for it. There may not be many Scratch users in the jam, but that might mean your Scratch game will get exactly the amount of attention it needs.

I’ll make a scratch one as well, probably. I’ll be by myself though.

If I do the game jam, I'll be using Scratch/Turbowarp since my computer ain't that good

Submitted

all of the people who say they are using scratch, wanna work on each mine after day 1? i have a good idea!

I would assume not since scratch is more of a platform then a game engine.

If you do Turbowarp then you can actually export your game into things like html, and exe. You can also let people edit the game by allowing the .sb3 file (Source code) to be downloaded

Submitted

Submitted

no communication, of course, but it can go me -> next person -> next person etc.

I think you probably could, but in my experience scratch games aren’t that great because for some reason you can only get 1 input at a time, meaning you couldn’t even do the classic run and jump

huh, I've never had that 1 input problem but I've mostly stayed away from Scratch/Turbowarp platformers