On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thread to post what you're working on, and why so...

A topic by purab created Jul 28, 2023 Views: 138 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

...So peeps with their games dropped can figure out how to improve their chances

Also, I'm just curious in general 

I choose Giant Centipede on day 2 because I felt I could add a lot to it and I choose Lonely Colors today because I was too tired/didn't have enough time to work on the Dash Force Parkour game

Hopefully someone keeps Dash Force alive so I can work on it tomorrow instead >.<

I made Keep The Light Alive (which eventually became Giant Centipede) on day 1 because the idea has been floating around in my head in various forms for a long time. I will not say anything more about it in case it gets picked up because I want to avoid the communication rule.

I picked up Fantasy World for day 3 because I thought it would be easy to expand upon and could lead to some interesting stuff.

I skipped Day 4 because I had to take my near-blind mother to visit my cousin and look at their new house. And I skipped Day 2 because I'd exhausted myself on Day 1.

Submitted

I feel ya, despite making huge graphical updates to a couple games none of mine have been picked up, yet somehow games that don't even have screenshots or web builds keep going.

Submitted

i'm working on sheephereder - really like the concept - none of the other games i worked on got through so far :(

(1 edit)

Just Wanted to share I made this timeline to keep everyone aware about games made with GDevelop. You can check this timeline on all Days Community tab in GDevelop Community Thread. https://itch.io/jam/day-4/topic/3024983/gdevelop-community Sadly I dont use unity or godot so I have not been able to work on some really amazing projects that didn’t made through.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Personally I  just try to pick games that I think noone else picked. Having multiple branches of the same game becomes annoying, both for the people whose branches die and for the people trying to decide which branch to pick

Submitted

this is why i always say when im picking a game, so other people can see how many ppl are doing a branch. I also try to pick games in which no one has said theyre doing it. Apparently though, Day 4 Pizza-ed was very popular!

Submitted

Budget Doom "Blood'n Gore" by IggyWise (itch.io)