SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Shiro

A topic by julianls created Feb 24, 2021 Views: 397 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted(-1)

Shiro

Of Japanese origin, either  (shirocastle) or  (shirowhite) but in this case it is just the name of my dog.

Story

Choose your cause, do only good, help your friends and climb sky floating platforms to the Moon.

Tools

My plan is to do it with Unity and see how it goes. I already have some assets in my mind and basic knowledge from past game jams, so I need to find some free time.

My View

Submitted

DAY #1 - Not much for today, but great start. Created initial unity project, learned about BOLT visual scripting tool, and started to play with platforms and scenes. I hope tomorrow i will be able to upload something playable :)

Submitted

DAY #2 - I have problems with BOLT and WebGL. But was able to set the main player and there is a PC link to try locally. Web version only loads initial state of main scene. My plan is to resolve this issue for web and add some cool visuals and story touches in next few days.  
I think it's awesome that i have made something !!! Much Wow !!!

Submitted(+1)

By the way this is Shiro in real life :)

Submitted(+1)

I fixed it!!! So now should be playable in browser. I can do some artwork and play with content tomorrow. 

Submitted(+1)

OK! For today my plan is to bring some dogecoin things into the scenes. I'm not great at design but i feel great to try and learn :)

Submitted(+1)

Looks nice !!

Submitted(+1)

Submitted(+1)

Aye nice, I spot another platformer in the making?? Look forward to seeing where you go with it.

Also IRL Shiro looks super chill! Lol @ the pic chilling in bed watching an ipad. Whats Shiro like in terms of personality? Ive heard Shibas can be a good deal 'cat-like' in terms of personality and attitude. They sound like interesting dogs all round but Im yet to meet one properly. 

Submitted(+1)

Shiro is Shiba Inu black and tan puppy 8 months old. Yes, like a cat most of the time at home, but every Shiba Inu owner knows they are difficult to train and has their own personality. He has a turbo mode, i will try to find a video to show :)

Submitted(+1)

Haha turbo mode, great stuff XD

But yes this seems to be a trend, they sound like difficult kinds of dogs. But at the same time I think it can be appealing, ie if youre wanting a dog that lives inside a lot, I imagine they enjoy that. 

Hope the game is going well btw!

Submitted(+1)

Thanks! I think all games will be great and everyone have fun. 

This is turbo mode:

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

DAY #3 - It was late when i have finished adding some content. I will push updated game and will continue with welcome screen and some sounds.

I hope that i will have more time for fun during the weekend!

Submitted(+1)

The moon looks really nice, though.

Submitted(+1)

Finally pushed fix for some kind of respawn :)