SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Interpretation of the Theme

A topic by n8dev created Nov 01, 2020 Views: 1,773 Replies: 39
Viewing posts 1 to 14
(2 edits)

Ok so, one of the definitions of moonshot is "A large and ambitious project"

So you know what? I am turning this game I'm going to make into a full steam release.

Seems pretty ambitious don't you think?

Let me know by posting in this thread 

Also check out my channel where I will be posting some devlogs for this :)

EDIT: I am going to make this reflect the theme in other ways as well, just also want to make it a steam release :)

Definitely sounds ambitious.

I just subscribed, goodluck.

awesome, good luck with your game!

Submitted

I also subscribed

sick

(+1)

Haha, pretty ambitious in my opinion. When I saw the theme I thought about the film "A Trip to the Moon" and I feel like that is the feel I wanna go for.

awesome! Look forward to seeing this!

That film was also my first thought, but I'm still trying to come up with a fun game mechanic around it.

good luck!

(+1)

Seems like a pretty brutal theme honestly. I don't want to just do a literal moonshot like landing a spacecraft on the moon, but I can't think of anything. Gonna have to sleep on it I think.

Submitted(+1)

Yeah I suspect there will be a TON of moon landing games. 

OR if everyone is thinking like that....

Yeah that's my worry too. That said, I've come up with a silly basic idea so I'm set for now :D

I agree with sleeping on it, I have a massive list of ideas, and am going to spend tomorrow planning some more

30 mins of research and I have a cunning plan. No flashy graphics AAA game here. I'm going solid retro.

look forward to seeing this!

moonshot thinking – noun

• a type of thinking that aims to achieve something that is generally believed to be impossible.

I think we will be doing a visual novel in this spirit. The illustration style will depend on how many illustrators we manage to get into it.

interesting! Look forward to seeing this!

Submitted(+2)

I think this is taking the ambition/attempting impossible theme too literally.  A game jam is never about trying to bite off more than you can chew--just the opposite, it forces you to only do what's feasible.  I think being ambitious notwithstanding is fine, but I think the clear meaning of that vis-a-vis the game jam is your game can have absurd/impossible objectives, or probably more like ridiculous things that your player, etc... can do, not the development of your game.

yes of course, I kind of meant that as a joke, my game will of course be based on the theme, I'm just saying I'm going to work on it post jam, and upload devlogs to my channel  :)

How about baseball?

2. a home run characterized by its great height. "Ramirez hit an absolute moonshot into the left-field stands in the third inning"

sounds cool! Good luck!

Submitted

I thought about that too but i didnt choose it

cool!

(+1)

I am going with a survival game, in a spaceship.  Very simple the idea, but I will try to make it fun and hard. And I subscribed in your channel :)

will you take some inspiration in Something about The Photon aerospace control engineer by TerminalMontage?

I don't know exactly, maybe yes, maybe no.

good luck!

Submitted

Do you think anyones gonna do an asteroids copy but with moons (I'm not)

of course they will, these theme is very constrained, a lot of people aren't going to get super creative ideas (which is ok)

Submitted(+1)

Im doing a puzzle game where you have to place moons to move a ship with gravity

sounds interesting!

Found this and thought it was worth sharing: https://store.steampowered.com/app/426930/Moonshot/.

Several years old and didn't sell much, but maybe someone can make something like this but better!

great idea!

You mean like that same person/studio new/upcoming game https://store.steampowered.com/app/1319100/Orbit_Outlaws/ :)

Jam Host

Fun fact: a ton of great games have been released on Steam that started off as "just" game jam entries. For example...

No pressure! 🤣

haha yes, superhot's success inspired me to take on this challenge, make sure to subscribe to my channel to follow the game's progress!

We can create a Doom mod and say : Hey look a battle on Mar's moon (Phobos). 

I've never played doom so I wouldn't get that reference :)

you can check out the progress of my game on my channel :)

Good luck everyone!
Have fun and remember to rest!

drink plenty of water as well! good luck to you guys with your game (if you're entering)

you can check out the progress of my game on my channel :)