On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is it worth submitting unfinished games?

A topic by ken.mathis created May 30, 2022 Views: 298 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

This is my first Jam, so I wasn't sure what to expect, and as it's also my first attempt at making a game, I clearly underestimated the learning curve and got a bit over-ambitious with the game design.  I would guess that my game is about 80% feature complete, but still lacks a few vital components.  Enemies don't fight back.  Animations don't update properly.  I haven't added the cinematics that show how the game ends.  I haven't even tried to add in sounds or music...

Is it worth submitting what I have, just to give people a laugh?  Will people look at an unfinished game and give feedback and suggestions?  Or should I avoid potentially wasting people's time, and wait for another Jam and hope I get further?

Thanks and "Congrats!" to everyone who finished their games!  (and to those of us who didn't)

Submitted

I also have an unfinished game, I am uploading it, but make sure to put in at least the description (I also put it in the title) that it is unfinished

Submitted

Just keep pushing til the very end and get as much as you can done.

Submitted (1 edit)

I also had to submit my not quite finished game (I still have 2 bugs that the end and death screen do not really work (buttons), because I don't have much time tomorrow due to work. But if its playable it should be fine.

Submitted

I've just submitted. Not quite finished but its playable. I will be trying to iron out a few bugs in the next 2 hours and re-upload

Submitted

Go for it! You'd at least get the free course