Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can you please change the language about the ultra jam to be more inclusive? Locked

A topic by Alara Bread created May 01, 2022 Views: 511 Replies: 5
This topic was locked by Redefine Gamedev May 13, 2022

the issue was fixed

Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+4)(-2)

I know it isn't a huge deal, but when you call it a "One Man Show" you make women and nonbinary people feel less included.

Thanks.

Submitted(+4)(-2)

just saw that you changed it, thanks.

Host(+4)

I did change it. Thanks for raising awareness about this!

Looking forward to see you in the jam!

Deleted 2 years ago
Submitted(+2)(-2)

i am fully aware

(-3)

i'm really curious about this, if you'd like to elaborate. because literally anytime someone voices any level of discomfort, about anything, there's always a dude like you appearing from the bushes to try to invalidate that person's experience. and i'm genuinely intrigued... why? like, what does it feel like? is it because it makes no sense to you and it feels better to shut someone else down rather than to try and listen? is it so annoying to you that others experience things outside of your comprehension that you actually need to take the time to reply to something like this just to state that you understand what they're saying, and that you don't care?

gratitude for any insight you might have for me. :)

Host(+3)

Bread's concern was addressed as soon as possible. I will be locking this thread because these types of discussions might lead to flame wars.

We, the GoGodotJam organizers, abide by Godot's Code of Conduct.

"The Godot project is committed to providing a friendly and safe environment for everyone, regardless of level of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, language proficiency, age, political orientation, nationality, religion, or other similar characteristics. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination of participants in any form."

Host locked this topic