Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What is the definition of beginner?

A topic by erebrus created Dec 24, 2022 Views: 270 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)(-1)

I didn't find anywhere what is the definition of beginner. I'm an experienced programmer, but started gamedev seriously this year and I did 3 jams already. I'm definitely not a veteran, but I'm not sure if I fit under "beginner". Is this just for first timers?

(1 edit) (-1)

Yo creo que si vales, es si eres "desarrollador" principiante que es un poco un baúl, programación que es tu fuerte pero también esta el diseño de niveles , el apartado artístico y de audio , la originalidad , la implementación de mecánicas correctamente y etc ... puedes ser muy buen programador y estar carente de todo lo demás, ya si eres bueno en todos los alrededores es lógico que no eres un principiante .

Sorry! I think that if you are worth it, it is if you are a beginner "developer" which is a bit of a trunk, programming is your forte but there is also level design, the artistic and audio section, originality, the correct implementation of mechanics and etc. ... you can be a very good programmer and take care of everything else, and if you are good in all the surroundings it is logical that you are not a beginner.

Host

Feel free to join the jam.