Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Am I a beginner?

A topic by SuperJSM created Dec 25, 2022 Views: 312 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 6
(+1)

I have recently have posted my first game on itch.io, and I would like to ask what a "beginner" is? Pls Reply before jam starts!

I started gamedev in november, 1 , 2021 and i took a break in game dev in Feb to May because my lack of motivation and its chistmas and im still in the learning proccess (i think) and i didnt upload any games yet. So im not exactly a pro but also not a beginner.

I just played your game, the floor is lava, and I think if you fall into the beginner category, that's if I haven't been here long either, but most games are executable and not installable, opening an unknown EXE file gives a little scary XD

And as for the beginner, which is for people or teams that have already developed several games and have a bit of mastery of all facets of development, programming, level design, art, audio, etc.

Host

Sorry, I didn't respond more soon. Yes, you can participate.

Thx mate! I can't wait! I just saw the theme and I am happy to participate... though if necessary I could try other jams next time but since this is my first jam... I think I'm sticking with this one!

Host

Glad I could help. Have fun and good luck!