SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Clarification Questions for Host

A topic by LiminalityMan created 43 days ago Views: 101 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(-2)

Hi there! 

I just wanted to report that several entries to this game jam may need to be removed due to not following the rules.

I tried reaching out via email, but it was returned to sender. That, combined with the fact that MCLSoftware doesn’t have Discord means now I’m stuck posting here and looking like the bad guy.

I’m not even going to post my submission if it isn’t taken care of/clarified.

1) Are people with multiple submissions to the game jam allowed a vote for each entry? If so, the people who have submitted multiple games have the ability to cheat the system (whether intentional or not).

2) You have more than a few submissions that are paid entries which are against the rules.

3) There are also a bunch of entries that are completely unrelated to the topic and blatantly break that rule. 

Can you please clarify what your action is going to be on these points? I know myself and a lot of others put in a ton of effort for this, and I hope you can help the people who adhered to the rules have a fair chance.

Submitted(+2)

Chill

Submitted(-1)

Don't tell this man to chill (Hopefully I got it right, your username is LiminalityMan). He's been waiting awhile for them to fix this. And finally the owner is responding to everyone. Don't blame him if he's unhappy. (Hopefully I got your pronouns right! Please correct me)

Host

Hello,

to address your concerns:

1. No, each participant only gets one vote per game.

2. All of them have demos/free versions available for download on the game's page as far as I am aware, if you find entries that do not please let me know and I'll deal with them promptly.

3. There was a large volume of unrelated games submitted to the jam and they have all been manually removed.

If you would still like to submit your game to the jam, please upload it to Itch and I'll give you single-use submit link.