Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Narrative Designer looking for an additional 3D Modeller

A topic by Thor V created Jan 16, 2023 Views: 963 Replies: 33
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted (11 edits)

A little about me, I have a good/healthy skillset in Narrative Design. Completed a year course in college in ND for Game Design.

Aspiring to become an ND in the games industry is my dream job, which is what brings me here, to practice and hone my craft.

Currently, I have participated in one Game Jam which was also a Metroidvania (MVM 16) last year. I have already created and branched out a story, its characters, world and lore to a good enough level for the jam, I just need a team!

Roles needed:

1. Level Designer (I can work with and give input) - Position filled.

2. Composition & Sound Design X2 - Both positions filled.

3. Programmer X2 - Both positions filled (X4 programmers joined).

4. Artist X2 (2D Modeller/Illustrator & 3D Modeller) - Both positions filled.

4.5 3D Modeller to help with character designs. One position available.

Ideally if you know rigging or low poly, baking and texture this would be very helpful. Most importantly have fun with those project.

5. Animator or 2D Artist experienced with animations - Still required.

Please note that I am very interested in continuing to explore and create the project in mind after the jam has ended. If you share this same urge and passion to pursue a project further beyond the jam then pop me a message. If you have experience in designing and creating games or have participated in game jams before then that would be a massive bonus. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Submitted

Hey! I'm a composer and sound designer. Think we can team up? DM me on discord if you think so 

themaestroz#7064

Submitted

Thank you for your interest in joining my team. I have sent you an add on Discord, can start talking on there :)

Submitted(+1)

Not to brag but, I made a game without using stack overflow, can I be the other programmer.

Submitted

Thanks for your interest in working with us. What experience do you have, in terms of C++ etc. have you also used UE before? If you could give a brief summary of your experience that would be appreciated.

Submitted

I have been programming in C# for about 5 years; In that time I have been making games in unity and unreal engine. 

Submitted

How is your c++ and what can you do in Unreal Engine? Thanks for the info just looking through we definitely have one more spot free for someone to join.

Submitted

I'm pretty good at c++ but I'm more competent in c#. I can use use unreal engines visual scripting and c++ scripting. 

Submitted

Please send over your Discord username when you can. Thanks!

Submitted

Cool_Gamer#3914

Is there any need in one more Narrative Designer? xd

Submitted

Hi Rui, thanks for your interest in working with our team but I'm actually covering all of the ND work for this project. Best of luck finding a team.

Submitted

is 8x8 okay? thats literally the only size i can work in

Submitted (1 edit)

What are you asking, did you want to join this team? What role do you have? Currently this team is full unless you have good experience as an animator.

Submitted

well i wouldnt exactly say i have good experience, i am especially bad when working with a deadline, and i also changed my mind anyways (lol), good luck!

Submitted

Thanks for being honest. Just a note, all game jams work on deadlines but they are a great way of getting used to deadlines and managing yourself under pressure. All the best to you too!

Hey, I read the level designer role is already filled, but if you need any help with that I can join too

Darth_Vectivus#5490

Submitted

I am just going through a team as I am part of two teams, one I have created (this one) and another I have joined. We might have space for you so let me get back to you on this.

(1 edit)

Hello, I'm interested in potentially trying to bash out some animations, if you still need an animator. Of course, also depends on if you need 2D or 3D animations done.
This is my first game jam, and I literally just joined itch. Trying to find a team to work on *something* with.

Submitted

Thanks for your message. Can you do either 2D or 3D animations?

Well, I suppose technically I *can* do 2D. Depending on what needs done I can probably create something that's passably "ok". But I'm more of a 3D animator, at least for now.

Submitted

Hey thanks for your reply, we would look to bring you on board. Can you do rigging and do you have any work we can see or a link?

Zbmott who you messaged a programmer has also joined this second team I am in, so I would be happy to get talking if you can do the above.

Yeah, can do a bit of rigging, though no expert. Would probably resort to stuff like Rigify where possible right now. Especially for something like this with such a tight deadline. I'll link my portfolio and animation reel, though since my time is pretty limited it's been a slow process to build my portfolio.

https://jh_art.artstation.com/

Still annoyed I didn't get the full fight animation finished before the date I needed to publish the reel. But it will be in the next one....
Submitted

nice work so far though! Can you pop your Discord user here, I'll send you a message.

Thanks! And sure.

Torulf McBeard#9559

Hello, do you have any writing positions available? This is my first game jam, so I'm just trying to get my feet wet. 

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanks for your message, unfortunately I'm doing the writing side for both teams I am in. My role is the ND, but I wish you all the best with finding a team. Try put a post up a week prior to get in earlier before the jam starts, it really helps getting things rolling. Best of luck!

Thank you for the advice! Good luck with the jam.

Submitted

Thank you :)

Hi Thor, I want to do more after this jam as well. I am teamed up but it would be great if I could get your contact for the next jam you are in. Ima audio/music guy studying master's in related areas.  

Submitted

Hey Musicallyroy,

Thanks for reaching out. That would be great, currently I'm in 2 teams, this one I created and one I have joined and helped branch out. I won't be taking on anymore members or work for now, but I will keep you in mind for future jams. All the best with MVM19 :)

No problem. Can I get your discord name for future jams?

Submitted (1 edit)

Send me yours and I'll pop you an invite.

Roy#3338 Thanks!