Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Progress Check

A topic by Flash001 created Apr 03, 2021 Views: 265 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted(+1)

Just type in what you have done in your game till now if you dont want to then you dont have to do it i just want to see the progress you guys are making

Submitted

Till now i have added the player the guns and working on enemy im planning on it being like u have to be in the radius of your enemy since its courage if u try and run away or go out of the radius you start taking damage how is the idea?

Submitted

That sounds like a good way to implement the courage aspect. I'd be careful with making things too complicated but taking damage from an exceeding distance to enemies sounds great!

Submitted

i did not even get time to add that feature so right now my game is not related to the theme :( i shouldbve started with that feature

Submitted

enemys and things to stop the player from moving in a direction, randomized positions.

i made a script to fix a bug but the script didnt work and it caused a bug which was worse XD im dead inside

Submitted

Haha that's usually how it goes

Submitted

don't give up there is lot of work even for me to do I have barely even started with enemies good luck

Submitted

Nearly Done! After that, my goal is to get the game running on a potato pc

On Thursday, I downloaded an IDE and a game engine.  I wasn't going to program a game at 1 AM, so I went to sleep.

On Friday, I drew a spaceship and wrote code to draw the image to the screen, but it didn't work.

On Saturday, I read enough of the documentation for the IDE and the game engine to figure out why program didn't work.

Today, I'm going to draw the spaceship to the screen.  It'll take a miracle for this to turn into a game today.

Just FYI, this is the wrong way to do a game jam.  Do not emulate me.

Submitted

On friday i was done with making the character and gun mechanics

Tues day i did a bit of enemy coding, completely rewrote the gun script , i added reloading and health altho eneemies did not attack at the time.

Today i worked for 8 hours (i finished the enemy AI made a gameover n a main menu found a font and added scoring n spawning of enemies) which i dont normally do thats why i wont be working more now, game is not even close to complete, sadly, but since its my first jam im just happy i did this much i cant work tomorrow coz as soon as i wake up classes.

So right now i have a game with flaws and bugs and no audio but im definately gonna finish this.