Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog]Chromatic Rise

A topic by Ciro Roberto created Jul 13, 2020 Views: 367 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 7
(7 edits) (+1)

Chromatic Rise is a project consisting of a chaotic, frantic, colorful (very colorful) game with bad jokes and fun mechanics

The main idea is to make a game accessible to everyone and that runs even on a computer from 1942 but without giving up the graphic quality and fun.

mechanics

The game will have a fast and frantic gameplay in which the player will have to change color to dodge attacks, defeat enemies and pass level.I'm thinking of the idea of adding a multiplayer mode for you to play with your friends.In the course of the development of the game I will write down here the mechanics that have already been implemented.

Devlog

Devlog #1 = Simple character moves and mechanics (12/07/2020)

To make the project as organized as possible I started with the mechanics of the character. I put a red square as my character (obviously I'll swap the sprite later) and did some scripts, which took on average an hour.

After an hour of suffering fixing the script here's the result:

-Basic movement of the character

-Shooting mechanics

-Bugs fixed

Host (1 edit) (+1)

is this the same game as this one? > https://itch.io/jam/my-first-game-jam-summer-2020/topic/869032/making-an-simple-frentic-game- if so you can reply to the same thread to keep all your dev progress in place. either way sounds great! i'd love to see screenshots of progress!

I had forgotten to put the devlogs in the same place XD, I will start posting the screenshots already in my next devlog, I did not post this first because it's just a red squares shooting red squares lol

Devlog #2 = Simple enemy, sprites and big changes(13/07/2020, 14/07/2020)

As you already know I had made a simple character that moved and shot in the direction of the mouse, but everything was dull and lifeless, so I decided to make an enemy that follows the player and dies after taking too much damage.

But doing this was more difficult than already thought, it took more than 3 hours just to fix bugs, but I do not complain, these bugs as well as any mistake in life help us improve. I also made big changes about the future of the project, I always went (at least that's what everyone talks)a good designer, but I can not if I want to draw a fly with the mouse, so I had to change the graphics of the game, they will continue to be colorful, but less complex, I planned to do something I'm not capable, so I decided to make the graphics more minimalist , and honestly, I thought it was amazing! Of course it's not perfect because I just did the sprite of the character and the weapon and still lacks some effects, but I think when finished it will be pretty cool.

Summarizing:

-Simple enemy

-New sprites

-I learned how to make particles in Unity :D

How the game is currently:

(+1)

Devlog #3 = One more enemy and sprites(15/07/2020)

I'm sorry i didn't post the devlog yesterday, but anyway I added a lot of cool stuff in the game.

As I had already finished the script of the common enemy (i have not thought of a name) I decided to make a simple but striking sprite, after finishing the sprite I decided to make a very annoying enemy, which throws bombs on the player but when the player approaches he rushes out. Amazingly no errors appeared in the script, so I did a sprite for the bombs and for the enemy, at the end I realized that he had a face of "Deadeye", so I thought: "it's a good name", Ready! I made an enemy with complex behavior and a cool name, and everything was done in less than an hour! It was definitely the most productive day in the production of the game.

Summarizing:

-New enemy: Deadeye!

-New sprites for projectiles and enemies

(3 edits) (+1)

Devlog #3 = Enemy colors, 2 more enemies and more(17/07/2020)

Hello person who is seeing this, with only 8 days to deadline, I discovered the site Trello, which organizes tasks for you to do, and I was like: "How did I not find this before?". So with the help of this site I elaborated a plan and if I can finish everything on the day I planned the BETA version of Chromatic Rise comes out on the 22nd.

In the last 2 days working in the game I did many things, such as a new enemy, color variants for other enemies, which of the surroundings of 9 new enemies. Tomorrow I'm going to do even more things, but for now I want to get some rest :D

Summarizing:

-New enemie

-New color variants for enemies

Submitted(+1)

I love the enemy art! Look foward to seeing the final product.

You don't know how happy I am to hear that! 

Submitted(+1)

woah, the game looks cool

Glad to see your feedback, it means a lot to me :D

Host

ohhh looks lovely! i can't wait to see it in motion!

also omg i love trello for task management + organization! if you want more tips for project management, esp ideas for how to use trello we actually have a page for that here! looking forward to seeing more of this!