Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Project Olympus - diablo like 3D RPG (Playable version released)

A topic by ElionSylwin created Jan 11, 2021 Views: 257 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(1 edit) (+2)

Hello jammers, I am Elion Sylwin and I am solo making short 3D diablo-like RPG called Project Olympus. I am a beginner C# programmer and I still don't have much expirience, so please go easy on me :D 

There are many things I wanna implement so hopefully, everything will work out.

Core Features:

-Combat system

-dialogs

-Enemy AI

Wanted Features:

- skill tree and stats

-inventory

- classes

Possible Features:

- Save and Load

- few quests

Currently Implemented Features:

basic movement system

- camera system

Programs:

Engine: Unity

good luck to everyone.

video of current status:

Host(+1)

whoa hey this camera system looks great so far! excited to see more!

Thank you very much, more things should come soon :)

(1 edit)

Combat System V0.5 Update:

Small update on how the combat system currently looks. I am focusing on the archer class atm as it will be the second hardest class to create for me. The current planned classes are Warrior, Archer and possibly mage.  There is small bug in the animation, when after shoting the arrow, the character returns to idle position and it looks wierd. By the time you read this it should be fixed.

Submitted(+1)

Looks like you've already made some good progress! Best of luck ironing out some of the kinks with the bow animation, and I'm looking forward to playing this after the jam ^^

Thank you very much :) I think I ironed out the most obvious ones, although the twisting head keeps bothering me :D But at least it's nothing game breaking :D

(+1)

14.01. Combat system 1.0 and Enemy Ai 1.0

Today was quite unproductive day, but I managed to finish the first iteration of the combat system and first iteration of the enemy AI. A lot of bugs and wierd glitches appeared after implementing the enemy AI, so I had to fix them, therefore not much progress, but I can't expect for everything to go my way :D

But in the end I have something at least playable, sure it still misses quite a lot of stuff (animations, UI, some actual levels), but it's still something :D In the next few days, I want to make my first playable level, that should be public if you wanna test it out, which I would appreciate.

Submitted(+1)

I'm definitely down to do some testing once you've got that out :> Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot :) After I finish the inventory system and fix some stuff I will finish the level, so it should be out tomorrow or the day after :) Once again thank you :)

(+1)

Progress update:

This is only a small progress update as there isn't much to show at the current moment. Yesterday and today I am working on UI and the first dungeon, so it can be in some form playable. I had to postpone the release but it should be out tomorrow or the day after. Although it will be only a few minutes long level, you should get the feeling of how the game will look like and it's gameplay. Although please take in consideration that it won't be finished and some things could be changed.

Thank you for reading and I have a nice day.

(1 edit)

18.01 First Playable public level

Hello everyone, so the time has come. I have finished the first playable level that I feel like is kind of enjoyable and the most playable. The playable level is short and shouldn't take more then 10 minutes but it should give you the feel of the game, what type of game I aim for etc. :D There are things and system that still needs to be finished and possible even rewritten to be better, but I would love to know your opinion.

There are few bugs I am aware of, for example the character sometimes shoots multiple times even though he shouldn't, but if you run into anything please tell me about it so I can fix it.

Well without futher ado, here is the link: https://elionsylwin.itch.io/project-olympus (sorry it must be downloaded, webGL version should be available soon, after I fix some problems), enjoy.

PS: Yes the skeleton slash animation is really wierd and I got no idea why the hell is it doing that :D