Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Simple question uhh

A topic by LellyLL created 33 days ago Views: 337 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Are we allowed to use sound effects from other NES games, or do they have to be completely original?

(+1)

This jam doesn't explicitly mention it, but most jams say you can use anything that you legally have the right to use -- which means no sounds directly from existing, copyrighted games. If you do make a "fan game" that uses graphics, sounds, or characters from an existing NES games, you're in a legal gray area. Likely it'll be fine, but you do open yourself to Nintendo and other copyright holders complaining via a DMCA request, and taking your game down.

(3 edits)

besides the copyright infringement issue that Morph mentioned above, this jam does explicitly mention:

“All assets must be created during the jam.”

so, no. you can’t use sound effects from other games. they have to be made by you during the jam.

sound designer here if you'd like someone on ur team:)

I'm down to work with you. If we work together I hope we vibe and work on future projects. Just let me know.

yea hmu on discord: onehandedbandit going to sleep now so ill get to you in tha morning

I added you on there I'm JoseAs3rdart

Submitted

Are you able to work with programs like Famitracker?

deffs

Submitted

Cool! Could I hear examples of your work?

sure, whats your discord

ooh wait famitracker, nah sry i dont use it:3

Submitted(+2)

Use this free online tool to make NES sfx 

you should be able to make everything you need with this and not have to worry about infringing someones copyright :D

https://sfxr.me/

Submitted

Thanks.

Submitted(+1)(-1)

I don't think those are hardware accurate

Submitted(+1)(-1)

doesn't matter for this jam - hardware accuracy is entirely optional
and I think the effects you generate are close enough. Nobody is going to nitpick over it.