Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Proposed change for next time

A topic by Da Flarf created 28 days ago Views: 167 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Yo fellas, the jam is over. We have the results!

I have a proposition on how to make this jam even better next time. Hear me out:

The submissions tab should only show you 1 random submission at a time, which you are forced to review before you're able to see another submission. This will ensure that all submissions get enough traffic to have a fair shot at winning. What do you fellas think?

Submitted

I think this is a good idea but, I dont know if they would spend the time to implement that.

Submitted

we must rally and let our voices be heard!

HostSubmitted(+2)

Hi, thanks for the feedback. This used to be a feature back in the very early days of OST Composing Jam, but it has a bug that if you select an operating system (because itch.io is designed for games, not soundtracks) it will only show submissions that are tagged with that OS, and because soundtracks do not run in Windows, Mac, or Linux, none of the submissions will show up. It is also not possible to change your OS after selecting, so it was quickly removed. I have tried contacting the admin of itch.io about it, but they said it would not be worth implementing the feature as only our jam would use it and it costs resources for them to implement something new. But, because OST Composing Jam have grown so much over the past years, I can try asking them again. Hope this answers your question. ^^

Submitted

Perhaps a workaround could be made to have a criterion for posting a submission be to mark the platform as web. Would that get rid of the problem?

Submitted

The issues of implementing this are understandable, but it is true that I don't think everybody had a chance to be judged. I am pretty sure the judges did not go through 655 submissions and only went with the top ones. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like popularity was the main criteria for even getting noticed. 

Submitted

this