Jobs
Tags

Progress Sharing Thread Sticky

A topic by dustdfg created 30 days ago Views: 443 Replies: 35
Viewing posts 1 to 11
HostSubmitted(+2)

A place to share your WIP

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

As jam has just started I will answer your obvious question. Yeah as a host I knew theme in advance so I started two days earlier but don't worry I will finish two days earlier. This pallet is mesmerizing. I really loved it though would like to have a little more shades
Submitted (3 edits) (+1)

got 2 trees atm, one is very much on fire

HostSubmitted

Not bad but would be better to see here scaled versions though

Submitted(+1)

here we go! got a person as well :)
Submitted

got a barrel on fire and the man havin a chat

HostSubmitted(+1)

I like your fire. It is very simple but it is still believable

Submitted (1 edit)

Got a text box and a loading icon, thats all for tonight! might work on some floor tiles and perhaps other characters
the colour changing hair aint stayin

HostSubmitted

Is loading icon supposed to be a drop of blood?

Submitted

nah meant to be the laser, oops
might change it to the brighter pink-ish colour

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

vwoop (tiles are next)

Submitted

i lied, i half forgor/half busy
removed the chat bar and added people templates

(+3)

Got started with figuring out what exactly I wanted to do here, settled on "Probably a sailor scout with a robot arm"

This is a pretty nice palette for my "I only want to use 8 colors per character" brain bug.
(+4)

I can't say that I really liked the portrait I drew yesterday, so I remade it by drawing by hand instead of mechanically trying to find the exact pixels I wanted. I then added some expressions with a few more to be drawn.
HostSubmitted(+1)

Yeah this looks much better. Good work

(+1)
I know I haven't submitted anything. Life got in the way and I have to leave the jam. I might finish this eventually as some kind of asset pack, but for now the few animations I was able to finish when I still had time to work on them.

Again, might make a more complete pack to avenge the time lost.
HostSubmitted(+1)

Looks like I will have to separate submissions. One pack of icons and one for tileset

Can you not put multiple images in one ZIP file?

HostSubmitted

Easily can but two packs way seems a bit more logical method to sort it out because icons regardless of the similar style can be used separately. Having one big pack which includes everything one game can include is both a very good and very bad things at the same time. I will decide later. I will look on how many icons and tiles I will have in the end.

Maybe if the slime will be animated (with a full set: jump, hurt, death, a bunch of attacks) it deserves separate pack...

Additionally icons in 16x16 format and other things in 32x32

HostSubmitted

Did you heard about LPC and it is "structure"? While it is mostly dictated by the idea of compatible extensions, it is structured in the way of separate packs...

HostSubmitted(+1)

I rarely save all the previous versions so usually I have only the last RC but I really love creating collages of drawing process

(1 edit) (+1)

having fun making a bunch of pipes atm

(+1)

Well I managed to figure how to make an animation!
 Oooh... water!

Submitted(+1)

Some of the tiles I've made so far. First time doing thisTileset Progress v0.7

HostSubmitted

Not bad for the first time

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Some weapons for the apocalypse!

HostSubmitted(+1)

Good!

Submitted(+2)

Hey! I totally forgot to submit to the last jam, though I wasn't very good with that theme.

This one's a little easier for me as I can make a tile-set which is something I'm alright at, and apocalypse/sci-fi is a lot more broad and the palette limitation is sweet.

So I'm going for a kind of Advance Wars style game asset; with the map tiles, units, with maybe also UI and a font. I only started today, but I'll try and post here each day til the end.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Day 2. I added some more building types and colour options, working on open water, little rocket with silo animations and some craters. I also tweaked the water so it had a little angled perspective, less flat looking.

Submitted(+1)

Lookin awesome! Great stuff

Submitted(+1)

Day 3. Did some pipes (I think of apocalyptic as also kinda industrial), and some trees.

HostSubmitted(+1)

I think you can also twist around the pipes a bit like dirty/dead water produced by people

Submitted(+1)

Day 4: I was a bit too busy to do much.

Day 5: I've been playing with mountains/hills. Not overly happy with them but I'm going to try some different colors and transitions into the ground. I don't want anything too complicated to tile, but also not so simplistic as a single tile for a mountain (like Advance Wars has). And ye, I changed the "water" coming out of the pipes, green with brown questionable things floating in it is a lot more fitting! Tomorrow I think I'll work on units, as I'm quite happy with the selection of terrain now.

Submitted

Day 6: Tweaked some bits and created some units.

HostSubmitted(+1)

Looks really good. Don't forget that from now you have nearly a day to submit

Submitted

Yip, I'm keeping an eye on it this time