On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Anyone else not going to finish?

A topic by The Wandering Wizard Simon Kalimanus created Nov 09, 2019 Views: 287 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5

I think I may have bitten off more than I could chew... I haven't even gotten to the part of my game that does the procedural generation. Also, when I first found out the theme of the jam I was like "cool! That fits perfectly with my idea," but only at the very end of the game that I'm likely not going to finish anytime terribly soon. Personally, I don't even have enough to release a worthwhile demo, and likely won't for another week or two. 

Anyone else sailing with me aboard this grey ship of despond? And if so, what are you planning on doing? 

Submitted

Same here! 

I have relased a demo with main mechanic, but the theme heritage wich inspired my game require a difficult part that require me much time..

I think that's ok release only a concept for the jam purpose.

Next weekend i will try to finish and update with the heritage part

HostSubmitted(+1)

I'm not quite going to make it I think - I might give myself an extra day to wrap something up that's playable so people can see it :) This is an extension of last year's entry so I might come back and have another swing in 2020, or just let it sit and come back to it when I feel like it..

(+1)

Good gravy. It makes me feel much better that the host isn't going to make it. I hope nobody is giving up outright... Keep pushing onward, fellow codesmiths!

I wasn't able to spend more than day on it this week, and in doing so I realized it didn't work (yet) as I had hoped... such is the woe of procedural generation.

However my project is (and was, this jam was just an excuse to get back into it) simply available on GitHub, so there is not really a release to speak of.

I guess I'll leave the link here as to not further litter the forum XD

Submitted

Nope, I have a late too