Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Error Downloading RMMZ Sticky Locked

A topic by StudioBlue created Jun 23, 2021 Views: 923 Replies: 18
This topic was locked by StudioBlue Jul 22, 2021

We're done with the submission period. As such, this is no longer needed.

This topic is archived. It is unlisted and no new posts can be made.
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Jam Host (2 edits) (+1)

There have been a number of issues lately with downloading the contest version of RMMZ. I've spoken with TouchFuzzy (of Komodo) and they while they investigating it constantly, they aren't completely sure what is causing the error. However, they want you to have access to a version of RMMZ to use for the contest.

So, if you cannot get the current download link to work, please do this:

1. Try a browser other than the one you normally use (so Chrome instead of Firefox, Brave instead of Sagari, etc.) If that DOES work, please reply here with (1) the browser your used that did not work, and (2) the browser you used that did work. That way we can continue to try and fix the issue.

2. Then, if you still cannot download the file, contact TouchFuzzy on the RPGMakerWeb Forums, RPGMakerWeb on Twitter, or me on Discord (Studio Blue is my handle). We'll get you a direct link to the contrst verison of the game engine.

Thanks for understanding and good luck game-making!

(EDITED for clarity...!)

Submitted

It failed with Firefox and worked on Microsoft Edge.

Jam Host

Thanks. I've passed that along.

Confirming too that it failed with Firefox but worked with Microsoft Edge.

Jam Host

Thanks. I appreciate it.

(1 edit)

It worked on Safari (MacBook) but the file it sent me is the PC version (through the email download) so I couldn't open it. Is there an apple/mac link that can be sent to mac users?

I specifically can't open the Extended Trial version that is supposed to go through August 1st because the standalone version that is sent is the PC version. I can open the version on steam but it only leaves me with 3 days to make a game during the free period steam has.

Please help. I can provide screenshots of the issue.

Host

Hi, unfortunately we don't have a contest version for Mac.

Is there any way one could be provided? Otherwise I only have 3 days to make a game before the steam trial ends

I realized today that my adblocker stops the download script from loading and gives that error

Jam Host

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

Ahh I normally use Microsoft Edge and I had to use Chrome in order to get the download to work

Jam Host

Perfect. Thanks for reporting this.

Hi StudioBlue, I think alot of the errors are coming from Mac users. I use a mac and when I installed the Game Jam link it downloaded, but wouldn't open. After working with the file a bit I found out that it is the PC version that is sent, so it throws alot of errors on Macs. Can a Mac version be included in a separate link?

Jam Host

Hey there and thanks for replying. Unfortunately, Nick from Komodo posted this earlier: "Hi, unfortunately we don't have a contest version for Mac." As Nick works for Komodo, I have to assume that is the official stance unless otherwise specified. Which means that you'll need to download and use the PC version. Obviously, Mac users cannot use the PC version. I've sent a message behind the scenes to try and determine why there is no Mac version of the contest version, and will update when I have an answer.

Jam Host

Hey there! I just verified that there will not be a Mac version of the Contest version of RMMZ. Sorry about that!

That is very disappointing. Could I create a game in one of the older RPG makers for the contest and import it into a trial version of RMMZ? I purchased RPG Maker MV in 2018 and hopefully could work on the story there and then transfer my work to MZ. Is there an import project function in the new version?

Jam Host

I do apologize, but the rules are very specific that the game has to be created, from start to finish, in RPG Maker MZ. Unless you can create the game in that engine, you won't be able to participate. I am very sorry. I wish that I could give you better news. :-(

I am on window and I managed to download the free version for the competition and I have advanced from then on, but when I started to continue my game, when I open the executable it sends me to the stem page like I had a weeklong trial version. is that he would have a link that I could use to supply my game and end up tending.

Jam Host

Hey there and thanks for posting! You're going to want to private message TouchFuzzy on Twitter (@RPGMakerWeb) or on the RPG Maker Web Forum. (TouchFuzzy). He'll be able to provide you with the direct download link to the version for the contest. If you have trouble using it after that, please contact him again with a screenshot of your error (or me on Twitter @StudioBlueGames). One of us will see what solutions Technical Support can offer.

Jam Host locked this topic
Jam Host archived this topic