Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can someone explain raw score adjustments and score

A topic by MarkGosbell created Jul 25, 2023 Views: 231 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I don't understand the explanation about how the raw score gets adjusted. Is it because my project had less than average amount of raters because that seems weird as it would boost impact of outlier 1 votes in the adjustment. Most other projects aren't getting any adjustment so I'm confused why my project did. Did I do something wrong with submission? Did I not review enough of other projects?

Submitted(+1)

I was wondering the same thing. I found this explanation in the Community section from another jam:

https://itch.io/jam/cgj/topic/557644/score-vs-raw-score#:~:text=In%20that%20case%20you%20notice,will%20have%20score%20%3D%20raw%20score.

Hope that helps!

Submitted(+1)

That's very helpful.

After a quick scan of results, it looks like submissions with 41+ ratings have a raw score == adjusted score, while 40- have changes, which makes it seem like the median is 41.

So, let's take Fey and Druid Essentials, with 39 ratings as a test case: 

score: 3.826
raw score: 3.923

Using the formula from that other post ( "raw * sqrt(ratings / median)" ) we get sqrt(39/41)*3.923 = 3.826

Hmmm, does it work for Isle of the Bleeding Ghost (40 ratings, 3.875 raw score, 3.827 adjusted): sqrt(40/41)*3.875 = 3.827

OK, two data points, that's good enough for me!

Submitted

Thanks. This was good to see. Explains how the score dropped. 

Submitted

thanks for the explanation.