Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam Theme has been Announced

A topic by Practical NPC created 28 days ago Views: 303 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Jam HostSubmitted (1 edit)

The Theme for the SoloDevelopment Game Jam is... 

Two Button Controls!

Get ready to flex your creativity with this exciting challenge. Your entire game must be controlled using only two buttons. How will you interpret and implement this theme? We can't wait to see what you come up with! Jump into the jam and start building—72 hours of solo development awaits you. Good luck, and have fun! For more details and to join the discussion, hop into our Discord community.

Submitted(+1)

EXCITE!

Submitted(+1)

Unexpected turn of events 👀

(+1)

Lovely

Submitted(+1)

Got it. Two Butts On!

Submitted(+1)

Is my assumption that "two buttons" means analog stick/d-pad/arrow keys/mouse movement/etc. are not allowed (unless for example, down on the D-pad is deliberately chosen as one of the two buttons) ?

Jam HostSubmitted (2 edits) (+1)

I'd say it's open to interpretation, but keep in mind that in any jam, your peers and judges will also be interpreting your work, as that's part of the voting criteria.

(+1)

the mouse cursor is not considered a button surely? So I could use the mouse and it's 2 buttons, left and right click to control everything in game? Or would that be disqualified since a mouse can click on other in game buttons like pause or restart etc

Jam HostSubmitted(+1)

Your post will not be disqualified based on your interpretation of the theme.