SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The Sword Wastelands of Arakk - Game Jam Entry

A topic by PrintNplay created 91 days ago Views: 140 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted(+1)

//// Making A Template For Songs and Sagas to make our game  ////
Bought the Songs and Sagas game, made some screenshots out of it, and started creating a template in FIGMA for my new game using that SRD.  Will copy-paste the FIGMA template into a separate doc and share it with everyone so they can have it. If you translate the size of sheets from cm to pixels and work like that, Figma can export PDFs and you can use it for printing without the need for Affinity or Adobe Illustrator. 

Within our brand https://linktr.ee/PrintNplay we always do everything ourselves, so it is a new and fresh experience for us to use an existing SRD, but being in the TTRPG community for 2 years now, we loved getting StoneBurner in the mail, we enjoyed how Breathless was made and we said we would give a go to this SRD to make it the first ever SRD that we would not create, but use. 

//// The Plan for This Game ////
In the Sword Wastelands of Arakk, you are an undead warrior who rises on an old battlefield and tries to figure out the reason for his new existence.  Instead of the spirit animals in the original game, we use the Heirloom mechanic where we stimulate players to use remnants of their past that will enable them to do various abilities. Additionally, we will make pre-set map tiles that will have pre-set effects and a specific starting point and ending point that you need to reach. The story will fit a one-shot style scenario but the tiles of the map will be in a card format so they can be randomly positioned on the map each time to have some re-playability.  

Normally all of this is our idea and the plan that we have, we are developing many games in parallel so it is possible to make changes along the way, like for example making a pre-set map etc...

Host(+1)

OK, I have to say, that layout is just so beautiful. I also love the idea of premade maps, especially since this is something we also want to do with the expanded edition of Songs and Sagas. I will definitely keep a close eye on this one for sure.

Submitted

Happy you like it !  We spend time in our team going through the S&S SRD and we love it and this is exactly why we decided to use an SRD which is not ours for the first time ever :) We will share a free FIGMA template once we are done so that other people can create more "carried in songs and sagas" games because this SRD truly deserves it !

The Heirloom mechanic sounds interesting! I imagine it can help create the game world by giving each Heirloom some personality and can also help further define the character just by their Heirloom. Can't wait to see more!

Submitted

Always up for Collabs, feel free to write to me in the Discord. I am ShoopLor, we know each other :) 

Submitted

Today we made the Heirlooms that the characters will roll or choose. We invented three more enemies and made some changes in the rules related with the map. Moving onwards!

Submitted

Made an old black and white cinema animated banner for the itch.io page :) Made it glitchy :) how do you like it?

Submitted

Even though the game is ready and can be perfectly played as it is in the current version,  we've started working on that last empty page on the opposite side of the MAP sheet. This is still far from ready. I am planning on adding art for each sword right from the sword's names, and the same thing for the armor set. Also, the text is not finished but I have a fair idea of how I want it to look :) 

Submitted(+1)

The last page is ready! This is it. We now have a fully finished game :) 

Submitted(+1)

Wow, thank you for detailing the process! can't wait to see the finished game in its entirety, and grab that figma template!

Submitted(+1)

Thank you for your reply, we will soon publish a free version of the game where we will put that FIGMA template as well and we will make a slightly larger version on Kickstarter as well. If that goes well the Wastelands will become quite larger :) 

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Buying Songs & Sagas, enjoying it, making a game for the Jam for it, getting awesome feedback and making a Kickstarter campaign out of that game that got funded in 10 minutes and unlocked 4 stretch goals in only a few hours is an amazing thing for us to see!

Thanks for the support from the community here. We will continue developing content for the game and reveal new stretch goals as the campaign moves forward in August! Big thanks for the support to RP from FARI RPGs for making this Jam enabling us to realize how much we can do! 

Check out the free version of the game today: https://printnplay.itch.io/the-sword-wastelands-of-arakk
Back the Kickstarter campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2043080233/sword-wastelands-of-arakk

Watch our official launch trailer here:

I hope this motivates everyone else in the Jam's forum and I can't wait to see what the other entries would be!