Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are your ideas?

A topic by Fari RPGs (René-Pier Deshaies) created May 31, 2024 Views: 143 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host(+1)

On my end, after watching the Fallout TV show, I thought it could be fun to make a very small thematic hack of the game set in a similar setting. I haven't done much yet apart from the cover page, but I think it's looking pretty good so far!

How about you? Anything you are ready to share? Some notes you've written, or perhaps a mood board?

It's important to share our work-in-progress stuff because it helps keep the ball rolling. Also, if you're stuck on something, this community, myself included, can help you!

Submitted(+1)

Looking amazing!

Host

Thank youu!

(1 edit) (+2)

Very nice! Love the little details like the "$3 ONLY" on the side, great flavour through design!

On my side, I'm slowly progressing on my project, I just finished writing about a new mechanic I'm adding in my game, all is recored in my latest devlog. For now, I'm pretty happy with what I got, and soon I'll dive more into questions about how to convey worldbuilding without exposition!

Host

For some reason the link you shared gives me a 404? Maybe the page isn't public or something?

Oups, you are right, it should now be fixed!

(+1)

I have a few ideas juggling:

• Themed roll tables for random encounters, items, monsters, and weather effects
  • What I've been referring to as "hextile/stitchcraft" magic system to build a short arc around textiles, looms, sewing, etc
  • A crab-and-evolution based game that I've been kicking about for 4 years in my head that might do well in this vein of games
  • Character cards/tokens for people to print out and cutout at home
Submitted

Awesome stuff Aykray!

Submitted

Hey everyone, I feel like I can share my WIP S&S hack now.

Titled "Myths of Destiny", it is a post-cataclysm ancient greek themed game, where the characters are statuesque guardians made of clay, stone and/or metal, imbued with powers of ancient greek mythical creatures. They'll have to explore and secure the post-flood realm that is being ripped apart by escaped souls from the underworld, transmuted by old and new deities from other regions.

It features classic ancient greek creatures like Medusa and Minotaur (in place of the Vanori) and also a new mechanic for Destiny points.

Still lots to do ahead, thinking of including a small sample bestiary and tables to generate monstrosities in order to convey the setting a bit better.

Host(+1)

This looks absolutely incredible wow I’m so impressed by the vibe of the layout!