Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Let's goooo!

A topic by Yän created Dec 21, 2020 Views: 877 Replies: 55
Viewing posts 1 to 12
Submitted(+2)

Who else here participated in the previous jams? What were your games last time? Is this your first time? Do you have a team or will you go solo? Are you on the Discord server yet? Let's discuss!

Personally, I participated in Wowie 2.0 where my team and I started making our game Glitcheon. Now, almost 1 year later... we're still developing it! Check out the jam version here: https://river-forge-games.itch.io/glitcheon

Submitted(+1)

I participated in Wowie 2.0 with Fractured (solo), and will probably participate in this jam as a duo :)

Submitted(+1)

Ah yes, I remember your game. Cool that you found a partner for this next jam!

Host(+2)

Epic. Happy to have you back for this one! :)

Submitted

Last wowie jam (2.0) was my first jam ever so I did my first jam game  simple box pushing game" then(solo). This time I have No idea do I join with team or not, at least I need to ask help with music from one of my Friends. 

Submitted

That's cool! Some time's gotta be the first time! Hope you find someone to work with for 3.0. Teams are fun! ;)

Are you the person who  made this asset? 

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/2d-flexible-platformer-c...

Submitted

Nope, you've got the wrong guy :D

I participated in wowie 2.0 and made Gold Jumper  in godot which was played by jonas himself!

This time, im gonna use roblox studio to make the game!

Submitted

Nice, I'm glad he played your game! Good luck for 3.0!

Host(+1)

That's valid. Just keep in mind that it'll make it a bit more of a hurdle for people to try it out if you can only test it with Roblox installed. Best of luck!! :)

Hey jonas! Thanks for replying to my posts again! (First one was Gold Jumper in Wowie Game Jam 2).
Yeah...apparently, my PC crashed yesterday and the PC reverted to ubuntuOS, which doesn't support Roblox. Which means, that I would be using Godot again. This time, i WILL backup my projects :P

This is my first time participating in a Wowie Game Jam! I am a 10-year-old game developer and I am going to go solo. I will not be joining the discord server as I am underage! Oh and btw, is there any age restrictions to this jam???

Submitted

Wow, that's very young for being a game developer! No, there are no age restrictions for participating :)

Best of luck with the jam. Hope you'll make something awesome!

Deleted 3 years ago

nice! I am 11, and this is also my first time participating in a Wowie Game Jam. Maybe, because of the small timeframe, we could team up(if you like). What language/engine do you use? (I use HTML Canvas & JavaScript to make my games)

Great! I am sorry but my parents do not allow me to team up :(. I use unity as the game engine and krita for art. I am a very bad artist band a decent programmer

Submitted (5 edits)

Hey! I'm 11 too, and I use Godot, but have some experience with HTML/CSS/JS with React. If you are interested, we could team up? I tried a few game jams (solo), but I couldn't submit for most of them due to the small timeframe. I don't do sound much (I usually use random SFX makers like SFXR), and my art isn't much better (when I do make some, it's usually pixelart with aseprite), but I should be able to program something for the game. 

(1 edit)

I'd love to. I have a youtube channel where I make videos about my music and programming projects:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYCxo3ZNnWN1UxEGtoIzZEA

I could make the music and some sprites or I could program and you design (or something like that). 

Submitted (2 edits)

Great! Is it okay if we use Godot (It's much easier to create games with many features with a game engine)

Also, how can we communicate?

P.S. I just submitted a game for a game jam. Want to try it? https://itch.io/jam/bwalter-jam/rate/872754

Okay. I have no experience with the engine, but I can make art and music for it. I may be able to learn some godot in the next few months, though.

We could communicate using google meet, hangouts, email... I'll be okay with using any communication platform.

Your game was very cool! mine aren't very good because I do not use a game engine. How much time did you have to make it?

Submitted (3 edits)

Used 72 hours (in a game jam). Luckily, I managed to submit it in the last 30 seconds. I keep thinking I learned my lesson and to prepare everything beforehand, but I seem to always fall into the same trap when I finish the game but don’t have time to submit :( (Of course, this time, I was lucky, but probably won’t be next time if I don’t change and certainly was not lucky before)

Okay, I sent you a hangouts request. I will start trying to learn a little godot today.

I have tried the Beginner's Circle 3 jam, but even with 2 weeks, I could not submit anything finished. Hopefully working as a team will make us more productive / have more motivation. 

Host(+1)

Nice. Investing your time into creativity and coding is always time well spent. Best of luck!! :)

Thank you, Jonas! I am a huge fan of you. Hopefully, my parents allow me to buy Will You Snail when it is out!!

my first time participating in wowie jam and also my second jam ever 

Submitted

Cool! How did your first jam go?

7 th over all in that jam very lofty for the 1st jam though ;)

Submitted

Hey that's great! What did you make? Out of how many?

7th!?! Thats cool! I got 2000th position in my first jam, GMTK 2019.

my first jam ever have been very scared to join game jams had participated in like 10 jams made a game for none I am pretty sure i am going to make a game for this jam because it is a wowieeeeeee game jam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Submitted

Can never have enough exclamation marks :)

Host

Wowieeeee!!!! Best of luck!! :)

hey jonas can u help  me pls 

Host

I'll be hanging out on Discord and this forum during the jam and try my best to help everybody with  good advice and mental support. :D

JONAS CAN I MESSAGE u on discord pls or do u have  a email id 

Host

For spam protection reasons I had to disable DMs on Discord, but the link to our Discord group is is here: https://discord.gg/AaCS6TP 
I'll be active there during the jam. :)

i know i am already a part of both your servers and also translating will you snAIl but can u give me a email id i can mail you 

Host

Ah, I see. Sent you my mail on Discord. :)

yes i saw it 

i have sent u a email  

using email id

sb132329@birlahighschool.com

I cannot join the jam 

not with code or anything like that plssssssssssssss jonas pls

Submitted

Relax. He doesn't check here that often. Just say what you need help with.

(+2)

This is my first wowie jam I'm joining, I started doing game dev (again) a month after the 2nd jam ended. Personally I'm exited for this because after ludum dare 47, I had a burnout from game jams. 

(+2)

Nice! This will be by 2nd wowie jam and 8th(or 7th, i dont remember) game jam. I entered 6 jams last year, aiming for more this year :D

Be sure to link me your game for ratings if you want, cuz i will stream it like i did gmtk 2020 jam

Submitted(+2)

Glad to have you on board for this jam then. Hope it'll go more smoothly than ld47 did for you.

(1 edit) (+1)

This is gonna be my first jam 

:D

Edit: I'm going solo

Submitted

Cool! Good luck!

Nice! Going solo for your first jam is imo a good idea.

My first experience in a team (Game Jam #5 or #6, GMTK 2020) was very exhausting and hard. The second one (Game Jam #7 or 8, Mi and Game Jam 2020) was more cooperative overall.

So, i suggest going solo first (which you are and thats good) and later on go for a team cuz you have enough experience to manage yourself so you can spend time managing/collaborating with the rest of the team :)

"Unknown Territory Of Game Design" ? oh boy lols isn't like "Unknown" means none of us know if it exists yet? I already have troubles getting a game to work with existing stuff already ahahaaa :D

Submitted

Don't worry, it just means "things that haven't been done to death yet" ;)

(+1)

Sure I guess what I can do is "sprites, ideas, possible sound effects," but if came down to though I'm not best at, would be coding at some level of degree. I would need to join a person or a team though. :)

Submitted

Ah, right. Working in teams is awesome. If you need people to work with and haven't already joined, I recommend joining Jonas' Discord server and ask for programmers who want to work with an artist & sound designer. Lots of programmers there :)

Good luck!

Deleted 3 years ago

wrong jam oops

Made a comment thinking it was for the other jam lols oops!

(+1)

But I still need a team :)