Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is this your first game jam? How's your experience been?

A topic by Apllex created Jan 28, 2021 Views: 155 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

This was my first game jam and I think I did pretty well. I created a fun game that my mates enjoy and it gave me a massive knowledge boost

Submitted(+1)

Congrats on finishing your first jam, and being happy with the outcome. It's a big deal.

(+1)

This is my first game jam and basically everything went wrong but I'm using the 'total beginner' card  lol

Submitted(+1)

This is our first game jam but not our first game.  We had dreams of being a professional game development company right off the bat, and had a low poly first release of "Escape Knox Manor" that's on steam.  But it didn't do as well as we liked.  So for the time being we're going to keep working on our major titles and join some game jams to help give us momentum.

Either way this is still our first game jam so we'd love it if you check out our game "dontjump" and let us know what you think of the concept.  We're probably overhall and make it for android so any feedback would be amazing.  Especially regarding any bugs, so far we haven't found any.

Submitted(+1)

This was my first Jam too, I think it went really well. I didn't get as involved with the community as I probably should have, but my goal was simply to come up with (what I consider) an original idea, and implement it to a decent standard and I feel like I met that goal nicely. I learned some ways to better use some of Godot's features too so that's a plus. It's definitely helped my confidence, and I think I'll be looking for more week long jams in the future.