Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

HELP ๐Ÿ—ฃ

A topic by The.crude created 10 days ago Views: 435 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 6

Spend almost 2 hours finding an idea,  finds nothing ๐Ÿ˜• Also running out of time and Don't want to just make a simple overrated SAVE THE WORLD game.

Give some ideas pls ^_^

(1 edit)

Well, then flip it around and make a DESTROY THE WORLD game. Be the storm after the calm. Like an alien spaceship collecting power ups to destroy the planet. Any time sensitive game where you have to prepare (or prepare for) something bad would fit the theme. Hope it helps. Good luck.

that's seems to be a good idea, thanks for giving the suggestion !

One way I get ideas is I like to think of a small mechanic I want to learn and try to fit a game around that. 

Like if I was learning to make enemies shoot and follow the player I could make a action gun game, or if I wanted to learn a level up RPG system I could make a very basic RPG game focusing mainly the leveling up system.

Yeah That's help to focus on both important things "LEARNING & MAKING" ! But What about this theme? What should it be?

What if a fps game  where you have to fight the storm, (inspiration wither storm mod from minecraft)

Story: The world is about to be destroyed and the only way to save it is through defeating the main boss behind all of the plan (or something like that)

yeah  ideas are getting good ๐Ÿ’ฏ

ohh sorry I misunderstood. Well it could be anything that starts calm then something big and powerful happens. Maybe a game where the player has to prepare in the first part of the game before something big happens in the second half. I immediately think of preparing defenses for an incoming invasion of somekind, zombies, aliens or even just human war.

Think of games you've played where its chill and you can use that for a calm aspect and then think of ones that have been exciting, stressful and urgent for the second half.

I am pretty sure you can interpret the theme how you like for the jam so you need to narrow that down for yourself as too much choice causes problems, atleast for me anyway! I haven't got any solid ideas right now myself but hope this helps you think about it!

You'll find that this theme isn't very conducive to gameplay; "calm before the storm" is just preparing for something to happen then it ends lol. You're better off abandoning the literal theme and making a game with a storm in it, or making a relaxed game about calm stuff.

exactly โ™พ

Submitted

i took it litteral, my game is about a giant storm soon ariving.

don't forget to add umbrellas โ˜„

Submitted(+1)

Or just anything with a progressing spawning system in my case :)

hm?