Jobs
Tags

Im terrified :/

A topic by Deadshot1m24 created Aug 28, 2022 Views: 291 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(+1)

biggest game jam in the world... and I'm probably going to get last place :/

Submitted(+2)

don't worry, as the jam is less of a competition and more of a fun little "can you get a functional game with a set limit of time". if last place is a valid fear, it won't affect the fact that YOU made a game within the time limit. the odds of last place overall are slim to almost none and even if you get that... there is no loss in getting last if anything, its only a learning experience.

in summary:

• the jam is only meant for fun.
  • don't worry about getting last
  • failure is only a learning experience.
Submitted

I hope in the end you will be proud of your game, look back and be happy of the journey!

Submitted

The most important thing with all jams is for you to be proud of what you've done. Only you know the limitations and issues you faced to get to where the game is now.

The jam rankings are fun and allow for some fun competition but it isn't the main goal of the jam. The goal is to have fun, learn something new, experiment with your game, and maybe get a great new game idea from the jam theme. So don't worry about ranking. I'm sure you're game is worth being proud of anyway!

Submitted

The most important part of the jam is to have fun and learn. This is my 3rd time participating in the brackeys game jam, I've been in the GMTK Game Jam too (a bigger jam than this one) and my games have improved a lot since then based of the feedback I got. But you can also focus on the ratings if you are a competitive person like me, but you are probaly not gonna be the last place.

Submitted

Last place is for people who didn't even try it. Don't worry and keep on trying! this is no race.

Submitted

This is definetly not the biggest jam in the world.

Submitted

You challenging me?

Nah for real don't worry you won't ;)