Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Weirdly specific theme...

A topic by GregoryFenn created Aug 24, 2019 Views: 926 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 7
(1 edit)

I mean, if the theme was "dishonesty" or "lying" in general, we could do all sorts of things, but if "the GAME is A lie", that is very specific. It doesn't even make grammatical sense, only sentences or assertions can be lies, not things. I just can't understand the English of it, and I'm English :/

**EDIT as several people have said: I read it wrong. the theme is "the game is a liar", which makes a little bit more sense

Well, it's dependent on your perspective on what can be considered "the Game." Technically, NPCs are part of "The Game."

What do you mean? Your NPCs could be liars, but that doesn't make the game itself a lie.

It depends on how you interpret the theme.

lets just put it that way. the theme sucks xd

Submitted (1 edit)

the game is not a lie, after all, it exist. Theme is "the game is a liar", not doing what it tells you it does, or, is it?

Huh, Hmm. I'm sure I wrote the game is a lie? Strange, thanks!

I agree ! The theme is quite disappointing to me...

Grammatically, I guess that "lie" stands for "fake" or "not true", cause your right only sentences can be lies XD

Actually, that's just a theme, we can interpret it as we want ! I guess the word lie can be understood with all its definitions, not only "not true". (I'm french so i'm not sure about its others definitions ? Google Translate is not always reliable)

I would agree. The theme is pretty much the opposite of what I was hoping for. Something general, non-specific. This theme constrains way too much.

Let's vote a petition to change the theme ! XD

(I'm kidding obviously)

On an unrelated note, your English is very good for a French person!

Oh thanks you ! Hopefully you are not a GAME, otherwise this would be a LIE !

No, it says “the game is a LIAR”

The game lies to you

Still very specific though.

(1 edit)

Yes thanks, KrisBijnens pointed this out, my mistake

Submitted

No one has ever said that game in the theme refers to the game you are making.

Clever

Submitted

:O this opens up so many possibilities. What if you have an NPC called "game"and he is a liar? :O

Submitted

What I've done is that I have split the sentence in two, so "The Game" and "is a liar". Then, I was trying to qualify these two entities to get some inspiration around that.

Hopefully enough of us will do that that they consider that within the scope of the theme