Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Title? Cover image or screenshots?

A topic by kinsman created Jul 20, 2023 Views: 252 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

Should we try and be secretive about what we're making, and the next developer doesn't know what they'll get until they downloaded it? Or do we give pictures and titles, so that the next developer picks what they think is interesting?

Submitted

Personally think it might be fun to use a title that tells people vagely what the game is about but doesn't give too much away

Just don’t try to make a completely finished game unless you’re on day 6 I guess. Always leave the game open for changes that other devs can make.

Submitted

Id say leave the title for the later day devs, and just give a brief, vague description of what you have made (as not to force the next dev into the exact framework you have in mind and allow for creativity on top of what you have planned).

(+1)

There's a risk that vague descriptions without screenshots etc. will be left in shadow. If I see 20 projects, one looks cool, the others are just descriptions, there's no chance I have time to test them all to decide which I would work on. I'll likely test the one that seems cool right away unless some game idea sounds very interesting to me.

Submitted

I agree! Perhaps concept art so It doesn't look more finish (i.e. less room for people to expand) then it is.

I wonder if "playable" web build could help people chose what to grab and work on

I'd figure so and plan on making one if the game is in that condition.

Submitted

I think giving screenshots in the description will help other developers to pick a game that they find interesting.

Submitted(+1)

Yes, that is what I imagined