Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Guidelines for uploading fixes, tweaks & polish

A topic by CodingRook created Jun 05, 2021 Views: 190 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+1)

Hi there, after the frantic gamedev pace of the last 2 weeks, the panicky last-minute submission process (literally down to the wire), and a well-deserved breather for a good 12-hours or so, it's time to give the game - as is allowed - another look to make sure it's kinda playable. 

So I ask: how does the process work for uploading changes (always within the rules of course) to our games? Do we just upload a NEW zip file entirely, delete the old one? Is this straightforward to do on itch.io? 

Any insights or advice are welcome, thanks!

Submitted(+1)

I just did a bug fix on my entry. I added text in my description for a change log and just uploaded the fixed version of the game via my dashboard. However any guidance on what procedures we should use during the two week rating period would be appreciated.

Submitted(+1)

So, still unclear... did you DELETE the previous sumbitted files (zip?) and then re-uploaded?
Many thx

Submitted

Hi @CodingRook - I didn't delete my entry - I did an upload and it worked.

The confusing thing is that Itch shows the file date as yesterday when I first uploaded - but for sure the file has updated (as my fix for music looping is in)

Host (1 edit)

You can upload a new zip and delete the old one, yes. Or you can leave the old one and just upload the new one with the version number bumped up (if your release names have numbers in them).