Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

GODOT browser game issue

A topic by dTMSr created 28 days ago Views: 138 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Is anyone else having problems running entires written with GODOT in the web brower?

I keep seeing the following when I try to play them: 

Error
The following features required to run Godot projects on the Web are missing:
Cross Origin Isolation - Check web server configuration (send correct headers)
SharedArrayBuffer - Check web server configuration (send correct headers)

Submitted(+1)

Hey there!

Not entirely sure about Cross Origin Isolation but make sure 'Ensure Cross Origin Isolation Headers' is checked when exporting Godot Web Build:

As for Shared Array Buffer, you should be able to either:

- Export the game as single-threaded by unticking 'Thread Support' in web export settings, this is a new feature in Godot 4.3-beta1 and may break the music/SFX in your game. This is what I used for my game and it has worked well.

- Or when uploading the game to itch.io for the first time you should be able to enable SharedArrayBuffer support. Here's some more info on how it works: https://itch.io/t/2025776/experimental-sharedarraybuffer-support

Submitted

I'm pretty sure at this point that it comes down to the browser you are playing the game with; I've had a couple reports about this in my own game. One of the players having problems mentioned he was using Opera GX, which I couldn't find any specific compatibility data about (it does look like vanilla Opera is supported though).

If you want to temporarily switch browsers for the purpose of playing the jam games, I never had any issues with Firefox. I'll put my submission link here too, as something convenient to test with (here comes the shameless plug, lol) - https://itch.io/jam/gamedevtv-jam-2024/rate/2739551

Submitted(+1)

Hi, I'm using Microsoft Edge, and your game works fine for me

Submitted

That's good news! That means it must be something more than just "xyz browsers don't work wholesale."

Hopefully Godot's web support improves soon. 4.3 already looks like a promising first step from here.

Submitted (2 edits)

I have gotten the same error when using the view random submission button to play games, i would have to find the game again and open it in another tab to make it work.

Submitted(+1)

That's it! Thanks!

It only seems to be an issue when accessign the page through the random submission button

Submitted (1 edit)

No problem, i figured it out when i tried to play someone's game yesterday and felt bad i couldn't review it, but i was determined to. I thought it was just me.