Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Searching for a music composer

A topic by Protopixel created 56 days ago Views: 219 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 6

i plan to enter this jam but actually making a gameboy game with the tool gbstudio, searching for a music composer that can make music for that tool that can be played in gbstudio and in an actual gameboy, thanks n.n

Host

Try approaching some of the composers who have already posted threads with a link to the technical specifications page. It's basically tracker music.

I'll but if someone aproaches me thru this better :p

Sup! I’m a composer with experience in MIDI and soundfonts, but I haven’t worked with Game Boy music before. I’m excited to learn and adapt to this new challenge!

You can listen to my music here: 

And my discord is: naujmaga

HMU if you are interested! 

as far as i know gbstudio uses an interfase similar to fruitloops, it uses 4 sound channels for the music, the program gbstudio is free, give it a try and come back to me if you like it or still want to make music for this jam n.n

DM me on discord so it will be easier to reach out! I will give it a try

sent n_n

Hello I'm Pedro, I saw that you are looking for people to join a team for the gamejam. I'm a composer and I do some SFX too. Here are some of my music if you want to check: https://soundcloud.com/pedro-quintella-436095827

you know how to make music for a real gameboy? Or even better for the gbstudio?

(3 edits) (+1)

Hi! I am an award winning composer who has composed tracker music for many different gameboy games. Here is an example of my work on a game jam submission. I know how to properly create the tracker tunes you will need! Please DM me on Discord. Here is my user ID. tkirkwood9#3501 

Sounds amazing. Can you make Game Boy compatible songs?

Yes! In the file type that will run directly on a gameboy or through GBStudio.