Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I won鈥檛 make it, I give up 馃槩馃様

A topic by Kissaki created Aug 04, 2019 Views: 627 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 12
(+2)

I didn鈥檛 commit hard, didn鈥檛 want to spend too much time. But after a few hours of brainstorming, a few hours of coding yesterday, and a few hours today, I see now that it鈥檚 too much work to make it a usable and enjoyable experience.

Too bad :(

Submitted(+1)

Aw don't just throw it away though! Put it up and label it as a prototype!  :)

Submitted

Yeah or expand it out!

Submitted(+1)

Yeah, dont give up, use it however you can, i didn't think i could finish, i have, albeit it potentially full of bugs etc, just keep going? Any work you've made wont be wasted ;)

(+1)

Don't bin it dude, just either put up prototype or flesh it out and put it in another game jam that started the same time or before.  Heck you could just finish it and throw it up anyway.  I was starting to worry about time too and the version I uploaded was the one from 5pm as the 7pm would never be ready in time.

Submitted(+3)

I have joined several game jams in the past and i never managed to complete a game in time, until now.   

But i think these previous attempts were useful to know in what i'm better and how i can plan my time in what i know right.

Keep it up dude, game jams are not just deadlines but a way to find creativity and thus overcome obstacles with new solutions.

(+1)

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Yeah, working on a GameJam is always also a process of limit what you set out to do and planning it out a bit that you are even able to finish it.

The time I committed was simply not enough to finish a fresh project within two days though.

Thank you for the kind words. Great to hear you managed to finish it - and for the first time as well.

Submitted

If you still want to work on it, you can. There's no problem with saying "this wasn't done in time."

I don't doubt that you learned something from this experience.

(+1)

Hi I am sorry that you could not finish but please do post what you have and finish the rest another day. :)

(1 edit)

I have too many open and in-progress projects already and other stuff I should do. I鈥檓 not sure I will be able to. :P

But thanks for the interest and kind words. :)

Submitted

Post up the broken project! 
It's still exciting to see what idea has been attempted! 
This was my 25th game jam, and more than half of my other game jam games were unplayable or super un-fun! <3

In the first GMTK in 2017 I committed to it and sure enough was able to finish a playable version/game/prototype.

Last year I didn鈥檛 have the time. This year, no hard commit either and so not enough time to finish a fresh project like that in just two days.

I don鈥檛 think the prototype I have this year is far enough that it is interesting or clear what it is. It鈥檇 probably be better to just describe the game design that was planned. :)

Submitted(-3)

If you finish my game in 30 minutes you will get $ 500 - rate the game if you like

https://itch.io/jam/gmtk-2019/rate/460576

Submitted

Don't give up here!
Put up the project and talk about what you would have wanted the game to be :)