Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The OOPS Thread

A topic by Mister Jay the Game Maker created Jul 23, 2022 Views: 251 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted(+2)

Imagine spending a couple hours or so making customized sv actors and sv battlers, and then realizing there are all the wrong set.  I had made ice themed instead of water themed.  I can keep them for the future...

Submitted(+1)

If it makes you feel better I spent a solid 3 hours panicking I had broken one of the 30-ish scripts I was using for my tactical battle system only to find out I forgot to add a notetag for an enemy actor xD. I had backed up all my graphics/scripts, and straight up started deleting things in desperation. Accidents happen haha

Submitted(+2)

You think that’s bad? I started going crazy because this weird error started breaking my game randomly and I couldn’t figure out why. Took me like an hour to realize that it was trying to call upon a plug-in command script in a parallel event. I had accidentally turned OFF the plug-in in the list. I realized I either needed to take a break or drink more energy drink after that. 

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Spent over an hour googling why a SV Actor plugin was not functioning properly.  I kept on getting error after error.  I then realized I had not checked off the SV battle option in the System part of the Database.  I almost messaged the plugin creator.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)
  • Try doing so much copy and pasting because you didn't have enough extra space between database entries and ended up forgetting to change one of the links (so now an item calls the wrong event, another event adds the wrong item and skill, etc.)
  • Forgetting that you changed one of your custom asset's name and not linking the new asset (so now you have to go to every instance that calls that asset and change them all (easier for me since I know how to edit the json files even if I am rusty))
  • To top it off, while doing a bunch of database updates, you accidentally overwrite some of your database entries without realizing it until later.

...And then you realize later that you forgot to turn off debug mode in your game, so your game now skips your OP completely.

Submitted(+1)

Orz. Was working on a long list of stuff... Right before I could save, RPG Maker Crashed.

Submitted(+1)

probably not the worst oopsies here, but because i'm using a smaller size for actors + tilesets i've been consistently either making them too big or exporting them too small. The latter is an easy fix, but the former...well. i had to remake an hour's worth of art bc of it >__<